13. "Closed."

"Sherlock!" Mrs. Hudson called up the stairs. I groaned as Sherlock and I pulled away from our, soon-to-be-heated make out session. Sherlock looked toward the door where Mrs. Hudson came in with the same man who took Sherlock to Mycroft a few months ago.

"Sherlock, this man was at the door. Is the bell still not working?" Mrs. Hudson asked. She then pointed to Sherlock, "He shot it."

"Have you come to take me away again?" Sherlock asked.

"Yes, Mr. Holmes." The man replied.

"Well, I decline," Sherlock said and returned his hand to the side of my face, pulling me in for a kiss.

"I don't think you do." The man said holding out an envelope. Sherlock opened it and inside was a Business Class boarding pass for Flyaway Airways in the name of Sherlock Holmes for flight number 007 to Baltimore, scheduled to leave at 18.30. Sherlock motioned for me to climb off of his lap as he stood up.

"Give me a moment," Sherlock began. He walked back to his room to grab his coat, and I followed him.

"Sherlock-,"

"Shh," he said. He pulled me close and kissed me again.

"Can we go on a date? When you get back?" I blurted. He stood there and looked at me. No emotion. Nothing. "Sherlock?" I asked. It was almost as though he froze.

"Oh.. uh..." he began but just looked at me.

"Sherlock?" I asked smiling and kissing him again.

"I haven't said anything yet!" He yelled, but smirked.

"So?"

"Sure," He said. I smiled and jumped up wrapping my arms around his neck. He hugged me and slid on his coat, walking out.

"You don't smoke," I said to Mycroft as John and I met him outside Speedy's a little while after Sherlock had left.

"I also don't frequent cafés," Mycroft responded as he dropped it on the ground and stomped on it. We all walked into Speedy's and took a seat. John and I opposite of Mycroft.

Mycroft sat down the file on Irene Adler in front of us. The bag reading, "RESTRICTED ACCESS – CONFIDENTIAL." The camera phone is inside as well.

"This the file on Irene Adler?" John asked.

"Closed forever. I am about to go and inform my brother – or, if you prefer, you are – that she somehow got herself into a witness protection scheme in America. New name, new identity. She will survive – and thrive – but he will never see her again." Mycroft clarified.

"Why would he care? He despised her at the end. Won't even mention her by name – just "the Woman." John explained.

"Is that loathing, or a salute? One of a kind; the one woman who matters. Or the woman he knows Liz loathes entirely." Mycroft smirked toward me.

"He's not like that. He doesn't feel things that way ... I don't think." John added.

"Like he cares what I think. He's Sherlock Holmes. Like John said, he doesn't feel things..." I glared.

"My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?" Mycroft asked.

"I don't know." John and I both said.

"Neither do I ... but initially, he wanted to be a pirate." Mycroft said, and I giggled.

"He'll be okay with this witness protection, never seeing her again. He'll be fine." John shrugged, looking at me reassuringly.

"I agree. That's why I decided to tell him that." Mycroft said, suddenly my smile got large.

"Instead of what?" John asked.

"She's dead. She was captured by a terrorist cell in Karachi two months ago and beheaded." Mycroft explained.

"It's definitely her? She's done this before." I said.

"I was thorough – this time. It would take Sherlock Holmes to fool me, and I don't think he was on hand, do you?" I paused and looked at them... Sherlock has his ways. Dammit.

"No. Definitely not," John answered. 

_________________________________________________________

Vote and Comment my fellow Sherlock fans! I love you guys so much! Thank you for reading this far, it means a lot!!!