smile again ?.

Aaliyah Armonía

The children all sat down at the table. I continued to stand and rubbed on my moon and star tatto on the front of right hand.

All eyes were on me as I looked up. "Now this is Aaliyah as you know, she will be staying with us now please introduce yourself." The head mistress stated. I walked to the table sitting next to an empty chair and a girl with white blonish hair and pale features. "Hi...Im um...Aaliyah" I said quietly. I was obviously under dressed as I was wearing a white cropped top, blacked ripped jeans, and my white Adidas with my black hat over my braids.

The girl next to me said politely " Hello I'm Emma." as a smile went across her face. " I'm Millard " I heard a boys voice. I looked around. "Right in front of you!'' He said again. "You're invisible?!" I questioned. "Well of course, its my peculiarity."

"You're peculiarity? What's that?" I asked.

"You don't know?" He asked and everyones eyes turned to me. 

I blushed.

  "Well it's w-" he started. A tall boy entered the dinning room. His eyes a dark brown, warm pale skin, brown curly hair. Dressed in a dark sweater and pants.

"Enoch you're 5 minutes late." The mistress stated.

He simply ignored her and sat down next to me. I put my hands under the table and and rubbed my tattoo once again.

"As I was saying it what makes you special." Millard finishes. I nod slowly.

"I'm hugh and I have living bees in me" he says looking my way.

"I'm Jake and I can see... well monsters" he said laughing a little " it comes in handy around here". I remember Ms. Peregrine telling me he was from my time.

"I'm Olive and I control fire" said a pale red headed girl. Wow another girl like me.

"I'm Horace and I can project my dreams and project the future." A blonde boy said who was dressed in a fancy suit.

"I'm Fiona and I grow plants " said a girl with brown braids close to mine.

" And I'm bronwyn and I'm as strong as 10 men " said a cute girl with brown curls.

" I'm Claire and I have a back mouth " a small girl said then continued to show me.

The only one left was Enoch. Who has not said a word all dinner. 

"Well Aaliyah what's your peculiarity?" Said Horace as everyone looked at me.

"Well unlike you I have um... four" I said "I can control ice and fire. I can raise the dead and give things life. oh I am a witch." I say and I wave my hand as a purple ball of energy floats in it.

"Oh you here that Enoch she's like you" Fiona says looking at him. He smiles for a second then it quickly goes away.

I close my hand and put them back under the table. He should really smile more.

"Well children movie time " Mistress says walking towards the small room.

"Ms. Peregrine can I pass on movie time. It would be cool if I was able to unpack" I said smiling.

"Oh yes. Enoch would you mind showing Aaliyah to her room?" She stated.

He nodded and walked up the stairs not saying a word.  I followed closely holding my bags.

"T-thank you." I said as we got to my room.

"You're welcome" he said in a deep Irish accent.

As I was about to enter I felt him grab my wrist. "Im sorry for not introducing myself back there." He said in a softer and sweeter tone, his expression showing sympathy. I liked this side of him.

"Its okay" I said in a soft tone. His face lightened up. I bit my lip and grabbed his hand. "Look wanna see something cool? " I said softly pulling him in my room. He nodded. 

I closed the door behind us and grabbed my bag with my witch things.  And put it on my bed and opened it.

"Promise not to be scared?" I said looking at him.

"Promise" he said softly then smiled for a few seconds.