The Truth

Chapter 6: The Truth

Joaquin:

I woke this morning with my heads up the clouds. I have been think about Kathryn for the whole night even in my dreams. I can't wait to see her reaction when she finds out. I stood up and prepared myself to go to school. I went downstairs, quickly ate my breakfast and went to school. Like any other days I'm early again but as I get closer to the school I saw Brian and Christian waiting for me at the gate. They told me that they are going to help me with Kathryn since they know her more than me. They told everything that I needed to know about her in the morning then at break we started to plan our surprise for Kathryn. We didn't go to our usual place because the girls might find out and tell Kathryn. We decided to hang out somewhere else and talked about the plan. At the beginning of lunch Kathryn spoke to me about our project and that we could do it at her house. She asked me whether I can come over to her house after school to do the project and I had to make an excuse why I can't go because I can't tell her the real reason. The truth is that the guys are coming over after school to add more details to our surprise. I knew that Kathryn was quite sad because I have been ignoring and avoiding her fir the whole day.

Kathryn:

I wonder why Joaquin had been avoiding me for the whole day and the other boys too. We haven't spoke to them the whole day except that moment when I spoke to Joaquin at lunch about our project. Maybe he's avoiding me because of that incident in class. Oh, I wish I know what's going on. All of us girls went to our hanging place and told them about Joaquin avoiding me for the whole day. I wanted to take my mind of that fact so I decided to change the topic. However, no matter what we do the topic kept on changing back to Joaquin and the boys. Emerald said that they might be planning to do something that they don't want us to know. I wanted to believe and I did. I felt really sad though because it's something I don't know and maybe it could hurt me. I wish whatever they are planning to do, it won't hurt my feelings or my friends.

Friday came and Joaquin was avoiding Kathryn for the whole week though she can't figure out what the real reason is. The boys' surprise for Kathryn is going to happen tomorrow at Joaquin's family restaurant. At break time Joaquin spoke to Kathryn about avoiding her.

Joaquin: 'I'm sorry for avoiding you for the whole week😔. I just had to do something important.'

Kathryn: 'It's fine, I understand. So are done avoiding me now?'

Joaquin: 'I believe I am!'

Kathryn: 'Okay so are you and the boys going to hang out with us today or you have to go do your own thing?'

Joaquin: 'No, everything's back to normal and we are going to hang out with you.'

Kathryn: 'Okay. We'll see you later then! Bye!'

Joaquin: 'Uhmm... Kathryn...'

Kathryn: 'Yes?'

Joaquin: 'I'm sorry again and as a sorry... uhmm... will you come to our restaurant with the girls?'

Kathryn: 'Sure as long as the food is great!'

Joaquin: 'I'm sure you'll like it!'

The weekend came and Kathryn arrived at Joaquin's restaurant with the girls. They arrived there and waited to me seated. As they were on there way to their seats, they saw the boys already there sitting down but Joaquin was no where to be seen. Kathryn felt quite sad about this but she is sure that he'll be here soon. The girls asked the boys about why they were here and they said that Joaquin invited them and the girls were fine with that reason.

Brian:

That was so close! The girls just asked us about why were here and the we didn't know what so answer luckily Christian said a sensible answer. It is hard to keep everything a secret especially with the girls all talking about Joaquin and all that. A few more minutes later a waitress came to our table and said that Joaquin is looking for us at the private room. We had to make an excuse for a reason to leave the table and they didn't question our reasons because they were too busy talking about Joaquin. We arrived at the private room upstairs and everything looks so prepared and ready but there is one small problem and that is the backup music for Joaquin's song is not working so we had to quickly think of an idea to make everything going. Meanwhile, Joaquin went downstairs to see the girls because he knows that Kathryn is probably wondering where he is.

Joaquin:

I went to see the girls to see how they are doing. When they reached my sight, they seemed to be doing fine, great even. The sparkle in Kathryn's eyes could help me to come over to them. I spent quite some time with her and the girls and didn't notice how long I was even there enjoying Kathryn's company. As the two of us were speaking I couldn't help looking straight through her sparkling black eyes. I can see how happy she is for seeing me and finally spending some time with me. I didn't notice that they already ordered some drinks and wondering why the waitress still haven't asked for their order. I told Kathryn that I will be right back and I went to see the boys and how they were doing. Christian has found some guitars on the corner and they studied the song to play back up since they both know how to play. They told me that everything is going to be fine and sorted out. We are bow ready to do our plan for Kathryn. At this moment we needed the girls to be involved since we don't know to get all of them here without them knowing about the plan. We all went downstairs and the two pulled the girls aside to tell them the plan. I could see that they are happy by the look on their face. Us boys needed to go back upstairs and let the girls handle this part of the plan. After a minute or two we could hear them coming up the stairs guiding Kathryn slowly as she was wearing a blindfold. I have no idea how they got Kathryn to wear that I am happy that she did. As soon as she took her blindfolds off They started playing the guitar and I started singing. By the look on Kathryn's face I could tell that she is happy about this but at the same time confused with what is happening. At the end of the song I could see her crying but she hasn't heard the best part yet. I got the waitress to bring up a cake in a shape of a heart saying "I Love You Kathryn" at the middle.

As the waitress gave the cake to her and saw it, she was tearing up like nothing. I went closer to her; took the cake; gave it to Brian; held her soft, warm hand and said "I Love You Kathryn". Before she could say anything else I wiped her tears away and looked at in her eyes- "I Love You Kathryn! I don't know how and when it all started but I like you and no matter what you are feeling for me I will accept it. I don't know if you are feeling the same way about me but I just wanted to tell you that... I like you! This is why I have been avoiding you for the whole week, I was busy planning all of these for you and the boys helped me with it."

Kathryn:

Joaquin just confessed to me that he likes me, what do I do? I didn't know what to say so I just stared in his dark brown eyes and hugged him. As I hugged him tears came down from my eyes and without me even realising I whispered in his ears "I like you too Joaquin" He pulled me out of his shoulders, smiled and wiped my tears away. Seeing him doing that couldn't help me smile back. We sat down on the table and had our dinner. There was another table near the corner and the others were there staring at us, talking and eating their food. We talked for a long time and we didn't notice the time. He noticed the starts outside, grabbed a blanket and dragged me up to the top of the building. He laid the blanket down and told me lay down on the blanket. We stared at the stars until I fell asleep. We probably stayed there for a few more minutes or hours and he finally woke me up. He told me that it was time to go home. We said our goodbyes to each other, he kissed me on the cheek and I could feel my cheeks warming. We went home and I couldn't sleep, I remembered everything that happened today and finally fell asleep.

This has been a romantic and adventurous day for the two lovers. This is definitely a moment to remember for the two of them and their friends. They both didn't know what is going to happen to the two of them and if everything is going to be fine between the two of them or everything is going to change.