Friends? Bestfriends? In a Relationship?

Chapter 7: Friends? Best friends? In a relationship?

After everything that had happened between Joaquin and Kathryn, some things stayed the same but some changed. There is one thing that the two of them can't figure out and answer. This is something that their friends would also like to know but the two can't figure what to say.

Emerald:

The girls and I including Kathryn went to school together today. All we talked about while walking is about what happened during Saturday. The school was finally in site and there we saw the boys waiting by the gate. Kathryn waved "Hi!" to Joaquin and he waved back. As soon a we reached the gate, Kathryn went over to Joaquin totally ignoring us. We all looked at each other and smiled. As we were walking to our room I whispered to the other girls 'They sure make a great a great couple!' they smiled and nodded their head. By the time we reached the room, Destiny leaned to us and said "Hey, what is the relationship between the two anyway?" We looked at each other not knowing what to answer. I'm sure we are all thinking thinking that they are friends but then I thought that they are more than friends and thought they are best friends. I then remembered about everything that happened on Saturday and thought that they might be boyfriends and girlfriends but I was unsure about everything so told the others to get our mids off this topic and ask Kathryn later at break. We all agreed and carried on with our work.

Destiny:

The first two lessons had finally finished and break came to our attention. We looked for either Kathryn or Joaquin about our queries about their relationship but neither of them was to be seen in sight. The girls and I went to our hanging place and found the boys there but the two passionate lovers were still not. We asked the boys whether they have seen the two and they said "No except during 2nd period where they both left early for some purpose" We all looked at each other and thought 'What might be the reason they left class early and together?' We waited for them but they didn't come and we needed to go to lessons since break is finished. I waited for Kathryn and Joaquin to enter the door but they didn't. The next time we saw them was at the middle of lunch where they have missed both 3rd and 4th period.

Kathryn:

As soon as Joaquin and I reached our table they all spoke at the same time all asking the same question "Where have the two of you lovers been?" We looked at each and sat down. I explained to them that we got a letter near the end of 2nd period saying that the Head-teacher wanted to see us for our project in Science- the paired work. they were so interested with what happened so We continued to tell the story in turns. After all of that all of them was amazed about the story. Julia said "That's great! We wish we could be in your group too so we could help out" Joaquin and I just smiled. A few minutes before lunch end, Julia remembered that they had a question for me about Joaquin. The girls pulled me away from the boys and asked "So... after everything that had happened on Saturday, what is going on with the two of you?" I didn't quite understood what they meant and answered the wrong thing. I told them 'Oh, everything is the same as it was' they were shocked and knew that I didn't understand what they meant so Emerald then said "No! We meant what are you two now? Are you two friends? Best-friends? Or Boyfriends and girlfriends?" I thought for a moment and I honestly don't know what to say. The next thing I knew was that they were calling my name again and again, it seems that I've gone to my own world again. Destiny then said "So?" I stopped walking and said 'I don't know! All I know is that we have the same feelings for each other and I don't know what we are.' They walked back towards me and said "Everything is going to be alright and we're sure that you'll find out soon" I nodded and yet I was still upset about that idea. We walked back to our hanging place and saw the boys talking about something. They seem to have changed the topic as soon as they saw us which only means one thing, they don't want us to know whatever they are talking about.

The day finished and Kathryn went home still upset about what the other girls asked her. They also can't figure out what the boys were talking about when they saw them.