Chapter One

EDIT: REWORKED AND REWRITTEN- 1/28/2022

Dance With Me

Chapter 1

Uruhara looked into the room worriedly. "It's been days and he still hasn't come out." He was talking to Rukia who was sneaking around the corner.

Rukia blushed in embarrassment and stood, walking over slowly. "What happened to him?" She had heard them yelling a few days prior but didn't know what about. Actually, everyone could hear, but they were too far to understand.

"Ichigo is my patient, and I am his doctor, therefore I cannot tell you. But you are my friend so what I can tell you is that I don't think he will ever be the same." Uruhara turned to look at the short girl. "Please give him some time. He'll tell you when he's ready."

"I understand. I'll go tell the others." She bowed a little and walked back out to the main room. She looked around at everyone. "Ichigo needs some time. He's...going through a lot."

Chad agreed immediately, Ishida 'hmphed', Orihime blinked in confusion but nodded anyway, and Kon jumped up and started yelling. "What's wrong with him?" He demanded.

Rukia glared at him, and he hid in Orihime's breasts. "Why are you even here? You're annoying." Kon pouted and turned away, crossing his plush arms.

"Anyway, we should all go home. Ichigo doesn't want to see anyone right now." They all stood up and said their goodbyes, walking home in different directions.

Once they all left Uruhara sighed. "You're strong, Ichigo. You'll get through this." He started to walk away.

"Uruhara..." Ichigo spoke up for the first time in days.

"Yes?" The man turned back.

"Thank you for helping me and taking care of me." The older man smiled and took off his hat, walking into the room. He sat next to the teen and put a hand on his shoulder. "I'll always be here for you."

Ichigo looked down at his flat stomach. "What am I supposed to do? I don't know the first thing about pregnancy."

"I'm going to contact Soul Society. Male pregnancy is more common there than people think. I'll make sure Captain Unohana looks over you regularly. As for a place to stay...I'll have to see who's available."

Ichigo nodded. "Okay. Thank you again. He stood up and stretched. "Maaan, I'm hungry. What do ya got to eat?"

~

A few hours later Ichigo was in bed asleep, and Uruhara was sending a message to the Head Captain. "There's been an...incident and the only ones who can help are Captain Unohana and another captain who's available to house someone for an extended period of time. Please reply as soon as possible." He sent the butterfly and sat back in his chair.

'Why did I not get there in time? This could've been avoided if I had been there earlier.' Uruhara had sent the kids out, knowing it was a more dangerous Hollow. 'But am I to blame for believing in my pupils?'