Chapter 1

I was in so much pain. I was in a small hospital room where nurses surrounded me and one doctor stood off to the side. I had cancer and I'm afraid I don't have much longer to live. My chest begins to heave. I reach for one of the nurse's hands and she kindly puts her hand in mine.

I began to scream. The other nurses looked at me with sad looks. My vision blacked out for a second, but when I opened my eyes, the nurses and the one doctor had fallen and the walls around me collapsed. My chest was no longer heaving. My eyes widen. I was in some colorless place with a death parade coming towards me!

(The rest of what happened is literally this music video)

"Lukas!" I hear a man call as I was making my way into the dead city. I turned around to see the front man from the parade float. I never even told him my name. Is he in charge here? Good, because if he is, he can tell me what's going on and where the hell I am!

"First of all, welcome, to the Black Parade. Secondly, my name is Gerard Way. I am the ruler here." I nodded. "I thought you were. I have so many questions." Gerard put his hand up. "You get one question." He says. I gulped. "O-Okay... What is the Black Parade?" I asked.

Gerard smirked. "Good choice. The Black Parade is a place where the dead come for eternal rest. It's different for everyone here. It all depends on one's most fondest memory. Yours was when your father took you into the city to see a marching band. So the Black Parade has came and picked you up and took you to eternal rest." He explained.

I gulped again. "So... this entire world isn't really the Black Parade? Just that performance? This is more like the underworld?" I asked. "I said only one question, Lukas... but I don't want you thinking this place is something it's not. So no, this is not the underworld!

This land never did have a name. That was until we began to prepare for the Black Parade for when you've come to join us. So we've just stuck with that name. This whole world is the Black Parade! But it doesn't stop there! Oh no! We're not done yet!" He had a small grin on his face.

"There is another who will be joining us soon. A member of your family who you have taken to a parade when she was a little girl." I looked at him with my eyes wide. "Chloe! My daughter!" Gerard looked at me and smirked. "That's right, Lukas. Your daughter will soon join us and I'll finally have my queen!"