Chapter Seven

Vernon was fuming. In his right hand, he held a cane and in his left the letter that was the main reason for his anger. Vernon loomed over Harry in the dark, his face shadowed and his limbs tense. Harry waited for the pain he knew that was going follow. 

"Dear Mr Dursley, Uncle of Mr H Potter." Vernon started, punctuating it with a whack of the cane on Harry's stomach. "I am writing to tell you that Harry has agreed to come to Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry!" 

Vernon began attacking Harry with the belt angrily, but Harry stayed silent. Vernon read out the rest of the letter about the school supplies. 

"I have the honour to be your obedient Servent, A dot Dumbledore!" Vernon said angrily. Vernon continued hitting Harry with the belt but Harry didn't dear speak... he didn't dare say anything because of the vowel he made with Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore.

What happened next invoked Harry's true fear: No longer was the pain to be kept to just pain, but now it was the worst thing you could ever do to a child. Harry could not think of anything he wouldn't rather. 

"No! No! Please! No, sir! Ah-ah! No!"

Motionlessly Harry lay on the ground, unconscious. He did not hear, feel not see that Dumbledore had picked him up and brought him to Hogwarts only to dump him in a broom cupboard and lock it up. 

He knew not that his summer holidays would be spent locked in there getting only scraps of food to eat and water. He knew not that he was to be abused by the cruciatus curse whenever Dumbledore got bored. 

Everybody hated him... so did he.