Chapter One

I know there are a few of you that saw this and probably your face lit up in excitement which surprises me Bc I don't think my books that great but whatever.

I know y'all have been waiting for literal MONTHS for this book. And I feel the need to explain whats been going on in my life that's soo busy but if you wish you can just skip this and read the chapter.

Hello people that stayed and actually care about my life, I'm not sure if I said this before But I am homeschooled now, started freshman year this year as a homeschooler and no longer a public schooler. To be honest I thought I would have a lot more time to write but I'm so busy and I simply don't have time to write and I've had insane writers block for the past few months. Heres some things in my life i got, Im in an advanced acting class and thats taking more time I thought it would.

I take classes at a building and my mom pays people because she can't teach me them, think college for highschool and thats what it is, but I'm not taking college classes...yet. I've been staying there a lot longer than I need too simply because My friends are there and I was sick of staying home.

I got a boyfriend as some of yall might know if you followed my selection instagram and after a happy few months got dumped over text, so thats been fun.

I got two new kittens in my house and they are a lot of fun and occupy me more than they should oh and pretty little liars is addictive as hell and I'm already on season five.

For homeschool my mom teaches me creative writing and the deal for that was she would edit my chapters before I posted them and we would talk about it so they could be better, which takes more time because now I actually have to edit.

Okay thats it now back to my story.
Have fun reading what took me literally months to write  oh and don't expect chapter two for a while Bc I haven't even finished it

***
Chapter One

I feel Cals eyes on me waiting and willing for me to continue. But I don't, I look around fascinated by the metal surrounding us in the bunker. The bunk beds on one wall and the cabinets with food on the opposite. Anything is more interesting then me to confessing to Cal right now.
I feel his thumb run across my cheek forcing me to look up at him."What do you mean they're attacking because of you?" Cal whispers after what seems like hours of silence.

"It's...it's my fault they don't want me," I started and stopped because I could see the veins in Cal's forehead come out. I need to stay calm. When I tell him this, I need to stay calm. But I can't. I can't even breath.

"Want you how?" Cal asks.
I try to breath in and out so I can explain, but it's not happening.

"Madeleine," he says when he notices the beginning of my hyperventilation. His frustration seems to instantly vanish. There's only peace in his eyes. "Breath, please breath slowly." His arms go to my back, and before I know it, he's sitting me down with him. "Put your head in between your knees. It will help. I promise."

"I can't," I stutter, pulling my head up above my knees. "I can't breathe," I choke out.

"I know. I know. It feels like you can't breathe, but I need you to calm down." He sits behind me and leans up against the wall, pulling the ball I've curled into close to his chest.

"Now put your head between your knees."

"It's not working," I stutter again after a few minutes.

"Help me," I whisper so quiet I'm not sure if he can even hear me.

"Focus on something else." He rubs my back.
And I do. I try to focus on anything else, but it doesn't work. Everything leads back to what's going on right now. I don't have happy memories to rely on. I don't have a happy future to think about. I'm wanted dead, and if I'm taken alive, it's only so they can torture me.