[0.06] drop dead

-

-

[ NINA ]

-

The sound of the bell ringing fills my ears as I stood up from my seat, dropping today's assignment into the dropbox before flashing Mrs. Coffman a sarcasm-free smile. She stared at me almost in confusion for a few seconds before smiling back at me.

I walked through the door, Vilde quickly catching up to me. "You seriously walk so fast!"

"Sorry, in a rush is all." I laughed, shrugging my shoulders. I knew I was only trying to get out of there as fast and quick as possible so I could avoid no one else but Christoffer Schistad himself, also known as the biggest douchebag in Nissen. I never knew how much a guy could be so egotistical and self-centered until I met Chris, honestly.

"Well, I didn't really get to ask you last night because I lost you after awhile, so." She chuckled, raising her eyebrows. "But the girls and I really want you to be part of our russ bus, and since I'm considered as the bus boss, I think I'd formally ask you.. Sober, of course." Vilde nodded once, smiling sheepishly.

"Yeah, um about that... Last night was pretty crazy." I remarked, taking my lower lip between my teeth.

"Wasn't it? A good party like that doesn't come often, let me tell you. William and Chris are great hosts aren't they?" She smirked, holding a stack of books to her chest.

"I guess so." I shrugged, not really knowing what else to say about that. "But it wasn't me, if you know what I'm saying. It was my first time actually drinking and really taking it up a notch so.. I just felt out of it. I don't know if I can handle doing that every weekend you know?"

If Camilla was hearing what I was saying right about now, she would have told me to take my words right back and not throw away such a privileged opportunity to be a part of something big.

"Did it feel good?" She simply questioned, not phased by anything I was desperately trying to get across. What was I really trying to get across though? I didn't really know either, and that had to be a problem.

"I mean.. Yeah, it did." I lightly let out a laugh, smiling weakly.

"I know what you're saying Nina. And if you really want to keep yourself grounded, you can still do that while having the time of your life. You know, things like this only happen once, and russ bus will be one of the biggest things in the future, sort of like a last hurrah once we graduate, you know? It's important, the little things that happen in high school. And you'll see it, trust me." She beamed, holding my by the shoulders as I stared at her, trying to take her words in.

Silently I sighed, closing my eyes. I knew she was right, but some little part of me held onto that innocent girl, only wishing to read a book on the weekend and eat some good ice cream.

"Okay." I gushed. "Yeah, yeah I'll be a part of it, I mean what could go wrong?"

"Nothing! Nothing could go wrong." She excitedly beamed, jumping up and down making me laugh at how we both looked crazy in the middle of the halls right now.

"Oh, but um.. I'll be a part of your bus in one condition." I said, pursing my lips.

"What is that?" Vilde tilted her head at me, pulling a small smile.