[0.10] fight or flight

-

-

[ N I N A ]

FRIDAY;
12:21PM

-

I sat at the lunch table with Camilla and the girls, as I had headphones on. 'I Want It That Way' was blasting, lightening my mood despite the morning stress I had about a wrong answer on a quiz I got back from Biology. Mrs. Coffman definitely hates me ever since what happened the first time.

I could see Camilla mouthing words across from me, waving a hand in my face as I just realized that she was trying to get my attention.

"Huh?" I questioned, the smile still on my face as she stared at me, clearly weirded out by my good mood.

"Vilde was asking if you were coming tomorrow."

"Where?" I asked, caught off guard as I looked down to my phone.

"To the Penetrators bus party!" Vilde exclaimed, raising her eyebrows at me.

"Oh! Oh yeah, sorry. But mhm, I'm coming. For you guys of course.'' I shrugged.

"What are you listening to?" Noora chuckled, her cherry red lips curling in a smile.

"Backstreet Boys."

"Since when?'' Camilla laughed. "You never listen to them, actually ever."

"Well, I like one of their songs. It's not really a big deal.'' I muttered, fidgeting slightly as I had bounced my knee up and down.

"So what did you and Chris do yesterday?" Camilla asked, unable to hold it in any longer as the girls had gasped.

''What?" Sana gushed, eyes wide.

Vilde gasped, just as surprised as the other girls.

''Spill Nina!" Eva beamed from beside me as she elbowed me.

"Nothing happened.'' I grunted, closing my eyes. "Nothing, seriously. He forgot this thing from the party a few weeks ago, and he just came by to get it yesterday.'' I lied, Camilla staring at me in suspicion.

"Oh, well I thought there would be more to the story." Vilde pouted, frowning slightly.

"Sorry." I disregarded, pulling a small smile. "Does anyone want these fries? I'm not that hungry.'' I pointed down at the platter before me.

"Yeah." Noora nodded, grabbing a piece and popping it into her mouth.

The girls had stared at me suspiciously, wanting to know why I wasn't overflowing with stories from yesterday, so did I. I was supposed to tell them everything that went down, but I swore I wouldn't say a word about last night both to myself and to Chris. So it was that inner instinct of mine to stay on a low profile with what had happened yesterday. Was Chris telling people about what happened? Nothing happened, that was just the thing, so what was there really to tell? That we bonded over some Backstreet Boys song?

-

-

The next day had been the day I anticipated the most honestly. I didn't even know I would even be standing here in front of that Penetrator bus on a Saturday evening. Suddenly I regretted standing here with the girls, I felt.. Unusually stupid.