Chapter 1

Dylan Nash P.O.V.
Today is my first Day at Addison Falls High school I just moved here from California. Addison falls has changed a lot in the past century. My ex-boyfriend from decades ago betrayed me, so my best friend killed him. After that, his best friend killed him. I didn't want anyone else to suffer because of me so I left. I moved back because I believe that things have changed. I haven't drank human blood since 2004 which is tough but so far so good. I wore what I always wore on the first day of freshman year since the late 1800's and the early 1900's, a white T-shirt, my leather jacket, black boots, and skinny jeans that still fit me from my last time going to this high school. I was walking down the hallway when I saw a cute guy who I caught staring at me. When we passed each other, he bumped into me, causing us both to drop out books.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry I didn't look where I was going, mine," He said quickly but seemed scared. "I'm Dylan Nash and I'm new here would you mind telling me where Mr. Jerold's room is?" I asked him.
"Yeah actually I have his class right know. I could walk with you if you don't mind the company."
"No not at all what's your name?" I asked.
"Cal James, my name is Cal James. Sorry, I get nervous around cute guys. Did I just say that out loud?" He rambled.
I tried to ignore the fact that I got hit on, on my first day.
--------
After school I went to Coach Gales office and asked him if I could try out for the  lacrosse team, he said: "No need to ask, there is barely anyone on our team so we need all the help we can get."
I caught Cal James after school and we walked home together since we are now neighbors. On the way home, he asked me "So, do you have a girlfriend or?"
"No, I had a boyfriend once but that was some time ago, so yeah. you?"
"I'm not dating anyone either." He almost yelled at me.
"Ok see you tomorrow, do you want to drive to school tomorrow?"  I asked him.
"Yeah sure." He seemed excited.
    This girl at school was following Cal and I. I turned around and said. "Who are you?" I almost yelled.
"I'm Cal's best friend Lydia."
"I'm- "Lydia cut me off and said, "I know who you are Cal couldn't stop talking about you during study hall."
I blushed and ran inside.
------
My mother and father died a long time ago in a horrible fire, after that my brother and I never visited or even spoke of each other. I lived with my sister, me and her against the world.
"Who was that?" she asked.
"It was no one!" I ran up stairs, I fell fast asleep that night I had a weird dream about him. Whenever I first met him I had this feeling that he was the one for me, but I was pretty sure that he didn't think the same.

--the next day

"Alright class, today I will be assigning a project which will be about the history of this town and I will be assigning partners." The teacher started, "Lydia,Iris James and Nick in a group and Cal and Dylan in another ". I turned towards him and said
"We can meet up after school around six thirty, I have lacrosse practice after school till five so I'll see you after."
He nodded and then we continued with our day.
-----
After school I ran home so I could get a shower before Cal came over . DING DONG!!!
I was just getting out of the shower and quickly put on my clothes, and went downstairs. "Hello Cal, go upstairs I'll be up in a second." after he walked in I saw my brother behind him. "why the hell are you here?!" I yelled at him.
"Oh come on little brother I just wanted to visit." He taunted.
"Bull crap you wanted to visit after almost three hundred years, get out I can't deal with you right know your not welcome here don't make me scream!"
"You or your boyfriend will invite me in some day and I will hurt everyone who you love just as I promised before you abandoned me." He said with a grin.
"Shut up and get off of my lawn." I walked upstairs and saw Cal reading some books on the history of Addison falls." Sorry about that my brother visited and he did some pretty terrible things when we were kids so yeah."

"What did he do?" He asked making me really nervous.
"I don't like talking about it." After that we started our project and got have way through and he said. "Where's your bathroom?"
"Down the hall second door on your right." I told him.
"Ok thank you." he walked out of the room and to the restroom.
My sister started texting me.
Emma: How's it going
Me:Good should you be getting back to your date?
Emma: Yeah.
I got up and walked out of my room to go get Cal and I a snack when we ran into each other and he fell on top of me.
"Hi" he got up and we sat side by side we both looked at each other locking eyes. I leaned in to kiss him and he got scared or something and backed away then quickly said, "I think I'm gonna go. see you at school tomorrow." Then he left.