School

Kale POV: "She fuck with small town niggas I got bigger dreams."

Damn I'm a senior in high school and my life is really about to start for real. Come June 12th I won't be at home anymore I'll be in the dorms at FSU and then in august I'll be in the comfort of my own apartment. But that's too long from now, it's only august and it's a long haul to May 2017.

I walked into class with my head phones on listening to some song that came on PanDora, not really focused on the words, but more so on my own thoughts. I'm pretty much a model student, I have a 3.6 unweighted GPA so I'll be graduating with at least cum laude honors, but I'm really pushing for the manga. I realized though that I'd become lazy, and didn't like to do school work as much. Senioritis was real and I was very aware of it.

If I had a choice to just not do school and go ahead and go to the military or be a stripper I'd do it because school is starting to become too much for me. No it's not because I don't want to do the school work... well yes it is. I fucking hate these classes none of them are going to help me in a few years when I actually start my major. Math doesn't have shit to do with history and I'm in a damn college algebra class for why?

School is a big stress on me but I have so many people counting on me and wanting me to push through. I have so much going for me. I play two sports (run track and play lacrosse), I'm the NHS president and the Omega Lamplighters Vice President, but yet and still I'm lazy when it comes to my schooling. I'm starting not to see a point in it anymore unless it's dealing solely with history or writing.

All this was going through my head and by the time I cared to pay attention my teacher was standing over me staring at me. I took of my headphones.

"Yes Ms. Johnson?"

"Kale class has started and you know you should have your headphones off and you should be paying attention."

What could I say? Shit I was too consumed in my thoughts to even listen to what she was even saying.

"Yes ma'am, I apologize."

"Do me a favor and move to the front for me please."

I took a deep breathe, small things like that ticked me off I have a quick temper and sometimes I over react no doubt but it hasn't even been 10 minutes and I'm already being moved.

I gathered my things slowly and walked to the front of the room and sat in the first seat. Sitting next to me was the girl everyone loved kayloni.

Kayloni had a beautiful dark skin, natural long hair  a small frame but with a nice shape. She seemed so perfect but of course she had her flaws to.

The class resumed and the rest of the day dragged, and I barely paid much attention. Two fights broke out but I didn't have the energy to go see. By the time I got home I was beat, but I had to go to work at 4 so I just took a quick nap and got dressed and hopped in the car and drove off heading to the hell hole.