Summer.

We all have that feeling inside where we just want to be loved back. We all had those little dreams or fantasies about having that special someone. Well, here's my story.

First off, let me explain the people in my story. There's the sweetest, weirdest, funniest, most amazingest boy, Devin. My girl bestfriends Alina and Camille. Then the boy who is trouble, Liam. And lastly, my cousins Lannie, and Jess.

It was an extremely hot summer day. Jess, Lannie, and I were stuck on their couch in the living room flipping through channels as their parents were out and about. At that moment, I just wanted to be back in my air condition home since there ac broke 3 years ago. Although they did have a pool, but them I was stupid enough to forget to bring my bathing suit before leaving my house.

"Oh, Devin is coming tonight btw from Chicago." Jess says without looking up from her phone.

Devin and I never really had anything between us. He was just the family friend of my cousin. But we considered him as "family". We barely met and started talking to each other about 5 years ago. And that was basically the first and last time I saw him. He still seemed like a little kid then although he was only a few months younger than I was, I thought of him to be very childish.

I wasn't that surprised about what Jess said because Devjn was just another person to sit on the couch and flip through channels with

"It's only been 5 days into to summer and here I am sitting on the couch with you guys!" I exclaimed. Jess and Lannie looked at me angrily. " no offense though" I said hoping they knew I didn't mean it in such a bad way.

"You aren't as great of a company yourself" Lannie said with anger.

Lannie, Jess, and her parents were my 2nd family as my parents would go to work. So we all knew we were joking with each other.

After sitting through Lannie flipping channels, and Jess ignoring us while on we phone for 3 hours, I was just about ready to call my mom to pick me up. But just then, we hear her parents come home. Just as they were walking to the door we hear a voice along with them that wasn't so familiar. And just as we all looked at each other, Devin comes bursting through the door.

"Missed me?!" Exclaimed Devin

Us three girls were so in shock on how different Devin looked. All I could think was 'damn, puberty hit him hard'.

He was handsome. He was wearing a black v neck, blue jeans, and a beanie to cover up his gorgeously messy brown hair, and cute black hipster glasses.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize everyone was staring at me for not greeting Devin.

"Didn't you miss me? Or what?" Asked Devin in a playful tone.

"Oh my gosh! Of course I did" I exclaimed just ready to jump into his muscular but not too muscular arms. So, I walked up to him, had my arms around his neck as he had his arms wrapped around my waist.

As I hugged him, I felt like everything in the world was right. I felt so safe in his arms. It felt like there was just us 2 in the world. Which was a little weird to come to think of it, I've never felt like this before. Not for him or for anyone else. Even though, I had feelings for Liam, they instantly disappeared.

Liam and I have been talking for quite some time now. We were suppose to be together 4 years back when we were in 8th grade, but he was very childish and immature back then. So it never worked out. But during senior year, this year, he apologized and we started to talk again.

Anyways!!!!

Finally, after what felt like forever, Devin let go and as he did I stepped back and just instantly locked our eye contact.

"Hey, Kaila! I haven't seen you in forever! I missed you! I think the last time I saw you was when were 13 or 12. But anyways, you look beautiful!" He said without losing eye contact with me.

I was so amazed by how perfect he looked and wait..... Did he just call me beautiful? I'm wearing blue pajama pants, a tank top, my hair is in a messy bun, with very little make up on. Even though it's a little weird. Ugh! He's so sweet. I can't. I'm losing my mind just looking at him.

Getting lost in my thoughts again, " time for dinner" called Jess and Lannie's parents from the kitchen. I didn't even realize til then that everyone else went to the kitchen but us two.

We all had some in n out for dinner. We sat at the table eating in silence. Until my phone rang. It was my mom calling

"Umm.... I must answer this. If you will excuse me please" I said getting up. "Hello? Mom?"

"Kaila, it's already 9:45. You're father and I are already getting ready for bed so just sleepover there at Lannie's house" said my mom.

My mind went crazy. I was excited to sleepover. But not to do anything with Devin. But to just talk with him and hear about all the new things I'm his life. We both had just graduated and had a lot ahead of us.

"Okay then mom. Sleep well. Goodnight." I say ready to hang up.

Returning to the table I come back to Devin telling his stories about being snowed in and all that since we don't really get snow in California.

Everyone was so interested in his stories and caught up in the conversation that we all lost track of time and didn't realize it was like 11:30 pm. We had such a good time at dinner laughing and crying from laughing so hard it eventually exhausted us.

We all started to head up stairs after cleaning the table. Devin stayed in the guest room as I stayed in the room across from his with Lannie. I was so excited to sleepover to talk with Devin but I guess that will have to wait until tomorrow. After we got situated in the bed, my mind was full of fantasies ad thoughts about Devin and I. I stared at the ceiling thinking as Lannie fell asleep. And soon enough I did as well.

Tell me how you guys like the

story so far. Comment on your thoughts. Thanks(: