Adam

Your POV and pretend it's in the summer when there is a little more light.

I was walking in the park. It was a little later and not a lot of people were around. I went on the trails. This was the best part of the park. The trails. Not a lot of people walk back here at this time so it was perfect.

As I was walking I looked at the signs. There used to be mine shafts here. Coal mines. Interesting. I heard other people walking around and talking. I didn't care very much. It is a public park after all.

I love this place. It's so lovely. One of the only places where you can still see nature in the city. Absolutely lovely. As I was walking I heard a cracking sound. I screamed as the ground caved underneath me. I hit the bottom, about 10 feet.

" Sinkhole" I said as I tried to climb out. It was no use.

I sat down. Someone will find me. They just have to.

" Okay just calm down. It's all going to be okay" I said closing my eyes.

" Is someone down there?" someone from above called out to me. It was a guy.

I stood up. " Yes. Yes I'm down here. Please you have to help me"

" Okay Uhhh can you reach my hand?" he asked going on his stomach and reaching out his arm. I couldn't see any features but I could see his outline.

" Uhhh let me see" I asked going over to his hand. I stood on my toes and reached up to his arm. I almost reached it.

" I don't think I can" I said still trying to reach.

" Okay let me go down a bit more" he said moving forward a little bit more.

I stood back on my toes and reached for his hand again. I grabbed it. " Thank you"

" Okay now I'm going to try to pull up. I don't know if this will work or not" he said.

" Okay. I'll help as best I can" I said.

He paused for a second and reached his other hand down. I grabbed it so I was holding both his hands. He started to pull. I tried to climb the wall with my feet. It was working. That is until it wasn't. I was about 5 feet out and he was readjusting himself. Starting to sit up but then he fell on his stomach. The screamed a little and fell back in pulling him with me. He was trying to regain his balance, and I tried to help by letting go of his arms but he held on. My back hit the ground and my head hit the wall. And to make things worse he fell on top of me.

I started coughing. It hurt a lot.

" Oh my god I'm so so sorry. Are you okay?" he asked getting off from on top of me

I sat up and nodded my head yes but kept coughing. He sat opposite of me.

" My name's Adam. And you are?" he asked.

" Y y/n" I said. My head hurt but I don't think I have a concussion. At least I had stopped coughing.

" Nice to meet you. Though I wish it was under different circumstances" he said laughing a little.

I smiled though I don't know if he could see me " Tell me about it. I'm the one with the most pain here"

" I'm so so so sorry about that." he said.