It's Only Temporary

I slammed my hands down on the woman's desk, jumping to my feet. "What do you mean there's nothing you  can do!" By the way Sonic was shaking, I had obviously startled him but this woman...god damn, this woman is like a fucking statue. I can't even make her blink!

"I'm sorry, sir," My eye twitched we she emphasized the word sir. "but there really is nothing we can do for you. We've dusted for finger prints and found nothing. Just go home and call us if anything else happens."

Are they serious? This bastard knows where Sonic lives, I highly doubt notes are all they'll be sending now! "Well what about the gun, can't you find out who bought it?"

"We could if it's tracking number hadn't been scratched off."

"The bullets?"

She groans, her patients with me running thin. Like she has any room to talk. "I'm sorry sir, but unless you can bring something with actual evidence, there's nothing we can do. Besides, this kid's just your student, you don't have to waist your time caring about one child."

And now she has crossed a dangerous line. I smiled and slowly leaned over her desk.

"You're right, I don't have to. Not for just one at least. I have the privilege to enrich young people's minds so they don't wind up committing crimes such as this. And perhaps if you weren't such a dumb ass and actually payed attention in school, you wouldn't be suck behind that desk right there." I stood up straight, taking Sonic's hand and leading him to the door. Stopping short in the door way, I look back over my shoulder and whisper just barely loud enough for her to hear. "Maybe next time you take a job concerning people's well being, you should stop and ask yourself. 'Do I actually want to make a difference?'."

I smirked as I lead Sonic out of her office, the sound of her disbelieving gasps making me chuckle slightly as we make our way to my car.

"Call up that friend of yours...tell him to take your brother to his house."

"Why? Aren't you taking me home?"

I groan, starting the car. "Sadly, no. Cops are idiots, knowing them they'll wait till your dead to start a case." Immediately after, I regret saying that when Sonic pulls his hood up over his head and tugging the hem to hide his face. "Where does he live?"

"Next door..."

I glance over to him out of the corner of my eyes. "He told me it was down the road."

"It is...by twelve feet."

"That's not going to work."

"Well where else could I go? We don't have family down here."

I can't believe I'm about to do this. Making my way through the streets I notice Sonic start to pay attention to the street signs, trying to figure out where I was taking him. It didn't take long to reach the destination though. I pull into the parking garage to the top floor.

"W-Where are we?"

Turning off the car I step out and lock it once he gets out as well, then make my way into the complex Sonic right on my heels. I wanted to slap his hand away when he took hold of the back of my shirt, trying to keep up. Sorting through my key ring, I single out a red key with a three digit number etched into the top of it. Ignoring Sonic's tugs on my shirt, I unlock the door to my apartment. "Alright, you can let go now."

"Where are we?"

"Don't bother learning it, you won't be staying long." I growl, tossing my keys onto their hook next to the door and walking into the living room to clean up my papers from work.

"So...how long am I stuck here?"

"How ever long it takes to move you and your brother out of that house."