Chapter 5

"Is. That. A. Hickey?!" Amy repeated angrily, her voice rising with each word.

The sight of the enraged female immediately made Sonic's stomach drop and a wave of uneasiness wash over him. However, the hero didn't let it show and instead tried to appear nonchalant. "What? A hickey? Don't be absurd, Amy, it's just a bruise!" he tried to convince her, but judging by the fact she still had the same expression on her face she hadn't believed him.

"Where is she?" Amy demanded, her piko piko hammer appearing in her grasp.

"Who?" Sonic asked in confusion, having no idea who 'she' is supposed to be.

"That girl that left the hickey on your neck! Where is she?! She's in the house, isn't she?" she asked, knowing that in the few minutes she had seen Sonic couldn't have the time to go anywhere else.

"I'll teach her a lesson about lying her dirty lips on my Sonic!" Amy shouted as she stormed out of the room, determined to find the unknown female that dared to touch what she considered hers.

"What? No, Amy! There's no girl! I swear!" Sonic shouted as he hastily put away the vegetable-filled bowl. He ran after Amy to stop her from possibly wrecking his house in search of a girl that she had no chance of finding.

Because the so called 'girl' was actually a certain striped male who was apparently finding way too much amusement in the situation to go help him.

~O~

Dr. Eggman grimaced as he forced himself to continue looking at what the surveillance camera of the Cell 22 had recorded, trying to fight down the repugnance the sight brought forth in him. Now when he knew that Shadow didn't most desire to kill Sonic, he needed to figure out what exactly the agent wanted from Sonic and then to find a way how to use Shadow's desire to harm Sonic.

If he should judge by the camera record only, he would guess that Shadow lusted after Sonic. However, if this truly was the case Shadow would have forced himself on Sonic in the cell despite the hero's protests. He had given Shadow a big enough dose for the agent to be fully controlled by his urges so Shadow definitely couldn't have been weighted down by his morals back then-

"But, sir, your calculations on the dosing have been made with Mobians in mind, not hybrid lifeforms like Shadow. It is possible that the amount of serum that has been used on Shadow is simply inadequate to make him adopt fully animalistic behavior," Orbot interrupted his creator's not so internal monologue, the mad doctor's slowly turning to look at him.

And despite being incapable of feeling emotions, Orbot felt he had just done something absolutely terrible when a wide mad smile stretched across the doctor's face just a moment later.

~O~

It took Sonic exactly ten minutes and three broken vases to calm Amy down — which might not sound as much, but it was definitely a more difficult feat than destroying the Dr. Eggman's robot of a week.

And now he was doing the even harder part — trying to convince her that the mark on his neck wasn't a hickey at all.

"Really it's a bruise, nothing more, Ames-"

"Then where did you get it?" she asked, still doubtful of it truly being just a bruise and not a hickey. It looked like one and she refused to let somebody that was not her put such horrible marks on her hero.

"Shadow did it," the blue hero replied, deciding to give her at least a half-truth. "He accidentally hit me in the neck in self-defense when I sneaked up on him. I am definitely not making that mistake again."

Shadow sent him an amused look at this remark, while Sonic sent him a subtle glare. He still planned to have a word with the ebony agent that such behavior was not acceptable. If the press caught even a glimpse of the hickey, they would immediately start to investigate who had given it to him - and he definitely wouldn't appreciate having his house surrounded by a-gossip-writing journalists that would most likely come up with a story of him dating some actress or something.