Chapter 3

___________________________
*Lucy's POV*

Waking up the next morning, I felt sore. My ribs hurt from all of the movement in the corset and my shins were burning from walking in the boots for hours on end.

As I was leaving the club last night, Todd told me the group of teens I had met and Michael were going rounds in the alley. I told Todd to just leave them alone, eventually, they'll stop. The rest of the night was pretty much a blur of confusion and panic for me. Who were those people and what did they want from me?

Rolling over in my bed, I checked the time- 6:34 in the morning. School started at 8:05 and it was only three blocks away. I sat up and was startled by three loud knocks on my door.

"Come in." I groaned.

"Luce!" Lucas threw the door open and turned the light on, nearly blinding me.

I threw the blanket over my head and grumbled, "What Luke!? I just woke up!"

"I can tell. Michael was checked into the hospital last night. Brody and Carmen found him laying in the alleyway that you and I were in earlier yesterday."

My stomach dropped. I didn't think the fight was going to be that bad. Why did I even care? Michael probably got what he deserved.

I threw the blanket off of my head and stood up from the bed. This is going to be one of the stupidest things I've done, but I think I owe it to him. It's my fault for not sending Todd after them.

"Can you get Mom? I want to talk to her." Lucas nodded and left the room, pulling the door shut behind him. I shuffled over to my dresser, pulling out my undergarments for the day. Then shuffling over to my wardrobe, I grabbed a pair of deep red, ripped skinny jeans, my black and white striped t-shirt, and my favorite thin black hoodie.

Another knock on my door and my mother stepped in. She looked beautiful for it only being 6:40 in the morning. Her long feathery blonde hair with hot pink, blue, and green streaks was pulled into a bun at the top of her head. Her makeup was simple; thin eyeliner on the top lid with green eyeshadow, making her deep green eyes pop. She had her jogging outfit on. Only my mother would wear makeup while going for a jog.

"Is it alright if I head to the hospital and miss the first few hours of school, Mom?" I sighed, leaning up against my closet and rubbing my face.

"I don't see why not. I will get ahold of the school and let them know. How are you holding up dear?" My mom came over and wrapped her thin pale arms around me.

"I'm fine. Kind of taken by surprise, but it's his own fault." I told my mom how he was drinking and picking a fight with the newcomers last night.

"Did Lilly give him the drinks?" Her face turned red with anger.

"I doubt it. She's dumb, but not that dumb." I laughed.

"I heard that." Lilly walked by my room, probably headed to the kitchen for breakfast.

"Well, I'll figure it out. There were only two bartenders working last night, plus Lilly." Mom turned and headed for the door, "I'm going for a run. I'll make that call right now. Be back at the school by lunch, please." She closed the door after flashing me a smile.

I went over and locked my door and made my way to the surround sound speakers I have in my room. Plugging my phone into the system, I clicked shuffle.

Thumbing through my hundreds of songs on my phone, I kept clicking the skip button until one came along that caught my attention. Joyfully, I grinned from ear to ear and set the phone down.