Chapter 31

___________________________
*Lucy's POV*

Jeff and I were making our way quickly and quietly down to Slender's study. He was a few feet in front of me, hopping down the stairs two at a time. We had just got to the last set of stairs when I realized something.

"Wait, wait," I quickly stopped Jeff.

He spun around. "What?"

"What do we tell Slender?" I squinted my eyes.

We never really go into the study for Papagrande. It was always for Slender. 

Jeff glanced around, probably pondering what to say and do.

"I got it." Jeff grabbed my hand and started pulling me out of the Hideaway.

We were nearly running down the hall and Jeff had turned his head to whisper 'go along with it' to me. Whatever that meant. He slammed the study door open and rushed in with me.

"Lucy said she doesn't feel right. Something might be wrong with the baby." Jeff spat out, looking at Papagrande.

Papagrande tilted his head to the side and spoke up. "And you didn't go to Smiley, why?"

"I figured magic would be more suitable for this situation." I cleared my throat, faking a pain in my stomach.

"Take her to your room, Papagrande. See if there's something you can do. I'll get Doctor Smiley down here if not." Slender sighed as he nodded at Papagrande.

Papagrande glared at us as he signaled with his head for us to follow him. Jeff grabbed my arm, probably keeping his act up, as we followed the magician. Papagrande made one of the bookshelves move to the side and we stepped into the room behind it. 

I've never been back in his room, it was more of a private area for him. It was a smaller room with a bed in the corner. There was a map hanging on one of the walls near it, with red pins in random spots. I walked over to the map and read some of the places. Spain... Canada... Peru... Finland... 

"You know I don't let people back here, right?" Papagrande mumbled, taking his top hat off. 

His white hair had grown quite a bit since I started living with them. Made me wonder if white was his natural color or if living with the group he lives with gave him the white hairs. 

Jeff walked over to a desk that was on the wall opposite of the bed and grabbed a notepad and pen. Walking back to me, I read the scribbles on the paper. 

I don't know if Slender can hear us in here. Write it down.

I nodded my head as Jeff spoke up.

"She was complaining about pains in her stomach." Jeff nodded his head at me as he crossed his arms.

I was writing on the notepad when Papagrande walked over to me and began reading the note I was writing over my shoulder.

The Plague Doctor just showed me Jack. I may have made a mistake when I was with him and Luke was there. He knows I have magic now. Zalgo should know by now, too. 

Papagrande's green eyes shot wide open as he ran a hand through his hair. He sighed and began speaking to keep the rouse going on.

"On a scale of one to ten how bad was the pain?" He asked, grabbing the pen and notepad.

"Maybe a four or five...?" I said. I was never good at acting, hopefully, that sounded convincing enough.