4. Attention is Great [EDITED]

"How is a vet going to help?" Devyn asked. She decided to tag along with Scott and Stiles rather than Allison and Lydia because sitting in a library sounded boring.

"He's not just a vet," Stiles vaguely stated as they walked into the clinic. Devyn rolled her eyes and opened her mouth to speak when a man walked out.

"Hello, Scott, Stiles," he greeted, turning his attention to the girl. "I don't believe we have met. I am Dr. Deaton"

"Oh, I'm Devyn Parks. I just moved here," There was a flicker of recognition in Deaton's eyes, but went away quickly.

"If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?"

Devyn sent a confused look to Scott and Stiles, but all she received were shrugs, "Um, I turn 17 tomorrow actually"

"Hm. Interesting," Deaton nodded and sent a look to Scott, making Devyn even more confused.

"I guess?"

Before the conversation could get any weirder, Derek walked in with Isaac in tow. Deaton explained something about drowning Isaac for information about where Erica and Boyd were being kept, but frankly, Devyn zoned out for that part. She felt a sharp pain in her arm and glared at Stiles, who had elbowed her. She punched him in the arm before getting up to help with the ice bath.

"Obviously, it's not going to be particularly comfortable. But if we can slow your heart rate down enough, you'll slip into a trance-like state." Deaton explained as they poured ice into the tub.

"Like being hypnotized," Isaac said

"Exactly. You'll be half transformed. It'll let us access your subconscious mind."

"How slow does his heart have to be?" Devyn asked, munching on a piece of ice she grabbed out of a bag.

"Very slow" Deaton answered. Devyn slowly nodded not liking where this was headed.

"Okay, well how slow is very slow?" Derek asked.

"Nearly dead," Everyone stared at Deaton in shock. Isaac stuck his hand in the water and hissed.

"Well shit. Maybe I should have stayed with Lyds," Devyn muttered. Everyone ignored her comment and Isaac spoke up.

"It's safe, though. Right?"

"Do you want me to answer that honestly?"

"No. No, not really"

The tension in the room was broken by the sound of a snap. Everyone turned to see Stiles wiggling his fingers in a glove with a dorky smile. His smile dropped when he saw everyone's stares, "What?"

"Sunshine, please, the adults are having a serious conversation," Stiles narrowed his eyes at the blonde and pulled off the glove. Pouting, he walked over a stood between Devyn and Scott. Derek rolled his eyes and focused his attention back on his beta.

"If it feels too risky, you don't have to do this," His voice full of concern. In response, Isaac grabbed his shirt and pulled it off. Devyn tilted her head and shamelessly stared at his chest. She was interrupted by a hand waving in front of her face. She looked up at the annoyed look Stiles held.

"What?" She shrugged and sent Isaac a wink when she noticed his smirk. Stiles glared at the exchange, a strange feeling in his chest. Isaac stepped into the pool and the werewolves put their arms on his shoulders waiting for Deaton's signal.

***

"She's not dead!" Derek snapped. A few moments ago, Isaac was able to delve into his memories and find out where the alpha pack held Boyd, Erica, and a mystery girl.