Chapter 1

I heard loud bangs echo through the house. My mother walked towards me and hugged me. She seemed to be crying. Her cheeks were red and her eyes were puffy. "Why are you crying, mom?" I asked her. A very simple question which could've been answered simply "I'm not crying, dear, just stay under the bed, alright?" But, she chose to answer it differently. She didn't have to lie. It was very clear that she was crying. I did as I was told anyway and stayed under the bed. She went downstairs and I heard more yelling and bangs, the yelling then stopped. Footsteps were heard near the room so I stayed under the bed, not moving an inch. I held onto my teddy-which was unnamed-I never got the chance to name it but, it seems as if now was not the time to be naming a teddy bear. A man with pale skin and dark hair looked down at me, smiling. This was the palest man I've ever seen. His skin was practically white. His jet black hair was shiny and styled to the side. He had on a black t-shirt. There was a  giant red 'D' imprinted on the front of his shirt. "Hey buddy!" he said, smiling at me. I found it quite creepy the way that he smiled. I shrunk back under the bed, not answering him. "No need to be afraid, kid." His voice was soothing but it wasn't going to fool me. I would never talk to a stranger. He growled at the lack of my response and softly whispered "Sleep." I shook my head violently at him and he smirked at my reaction. I felt my eyes slowly shut, drifting slowly off to temporary slumber. I felt my body being dragged out from under the bed.

DARK'S POV
I dragged the girl/boy out from under the bed, smirking once I got her/him out. I held her/him in my arms and teleported to the woods outside my home. I laid her/him on a tree, holding out my hand as a black orb appeared above it. The black orb disappeared only to reveal an axe. I looked at it, smiling. I held it up in the air before swinging it down. I stopped once it was inches away from the boy/girl. I didn't understand why I couldn't do it. Did I feel sympathy for her/him? I shook my head, lowering the axe to my side. It fell out of my hand, dropping to the floor. I picked up the sleeping girl/boy, walking to my house. I got in, sneaking past Anti, putting the girl/boy in a spare bedroom on the bed.
Why do I feel sympathy for this child?