Chapter 2

"Hey dads! Tails wants me to visit him so I can see something! Can I go?" Light called through the house. Her dads were discussing something in the living room and she didn't want to go near enough to hear them. She didn't want to eavesdrop on them.

Sonic looked up and smiled, "Sure thing. Be careful though, and call if you'll be late."

"Will do!" She slipped her sneakers on and ran outside. She wasn't as fast as her Sonic, but she was faster than Shadow. She was running so fast, she didn't see the green person in front of her until she hit it.

"Ow! Hey! What's your deal?" An irritated voice asked. She had crashed into a green hedgehog with rings on the tips of his quills, causing them to dangle and swing more than normal. One of his ears had two small loops in it and he wore tattered clothes.

Light stood up and tried to help him up, but he refused, "Sorry, I didn't see you."

"I'll say, you were about as fast as the famous Sonic," He brushed himself off and glowered at her. Her temper kicked in.

"Yeah, that would be my dad! And what do you mean by famous?"

He raised an eyebrow with confusion then laughed, "You say Sonic's your dad yet you don't know everything he's done? He's only fought the psychotic Robotnick many times, saved the world from Black Doom with the Ultimate Life Form Shadow himself. How do you not know this?"

Light was shocked. Had her dads really done all that? They seemed so boring now...

"Well, what's odd is that I hear Sonic and Shadow have been seen together a couple of times. Not exactly the behavior rivals should have," He looked thoughtful a minute, "You really didn't know all this?"

Light shook her head, almost angry that they never told her. They used to tell her bedtime stories about the heroic hedgehogs who fought the big bag scientists. Were those their stories? And were her dads really rivals at one time?

The other hedgehog extended his hand, "I'm Shock. I was named for my power, and I guess I have a shocking personality."

Light smiled and said, "I'm light, named for a few things," She refused to touch him though. She knew what he was going to do.

He raised an eyebrow again, "You gonna shake or not?"

She shrugged, "I'm good shock."

He stood there a moment, confused. She knew he understood when realization hit him. He laughed and withdrew his hand, "Touche. I guess. Although, I never really thought to shock people when shaking hands. I prefer to use my power only when needed."

"An admirable trait. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to meet my uncle," She waved goodbye and took off at full speed. She now had a lot of questions for Tails.

"Oh hi Light. Just a moment, I'm almost done," Tails said when she arrived. He was in his workshop tightening the bolts on the Tornado. Light had gone up in that baby once, and it was amazing! She loved the feeling of the colder wind in her face and the exhilaration of being so high up. She was very young and asked tails if he's build her one. That was a long time ago and she was too young to need a plane.

"Okay," Tails flew down and placed the wrench in a box, "I want to show you something, but first, you have to closer your eyes."

Light closer her eyes, holding her questions for now. She heard strange noises, like the whole shop was transforming. Knowing Tails and his genius work, it probably was. After a few minutes, Tails opened a door and said, "Open them!"

Lightning opened her eyes and her jaw dropped. In front of her was a beautiful, lavender plane with a picture of her winking on the side below the window. On the other side, the word Lightning was written in black cursive. It was amazing!