Chapter 11

Light awoke from a terrible nightmare. She had just seen Shadow and Sonic look into her eyes with sorrow, say goodbye, and then everything exploded. She wanted to just walk around and shake off the dream, but giggling prevented her.

"You really think that?" Husk asked with the giggle in her voice.

Light listened in, hoping the conversation would pull her from her dream.

"Yeah, like it's weird right?" Shock asked with a bit of shyness. Now Light was interested.

Husk said, "Of course not! It's how you feel! Why don't you just tell me how you feel and what you want to say?"

Light strained her ears.

Shock seemed uncertain, but finally spoke, "Well, this is what I wanna say. I think about you all the time, I love spending time with you despite the fact we've only known each other a short time. I'm sorry about all that's happened, and I want to help. If you'll let me."

Light's blood boiled. He had fallen for Husk! She pressed her face into her cot and closed her eyes tightly, swallowing the lump in her throat. She shouldn't have let herself feel these pathetic, pointless emotions! There is too much going on anyway! She can't do this now!

After a long silence, Husk spoke. Even though Light didn't want to, she listened, "That's beautiful Shock. And you know what? I-"

A huge explosion outside interrupted her. Light bolted up, looking around the place, noting cracks and weak areas. They would need to leave. Now!

"Wha- wha?" Twig mumbled as he rubbed sleep from his eyes. Buck helped Rachael up as Light scooped up Twig. Another bomb went off, closer this time. They were going to be flattened if they didn't get out now.

Rocks were now falling down from the ceiling. They group rushed for the exit, dodging falling objects. They were nearly there when-

BOOM!

The closest one yet went off. The opening crumbled and gave way almost instantly. Light dropped Twig and ran for it, ignoring everyone's protests. She held the chaos emerald tightly, feeling her power surge more powerful than before. She felt the words come, as if from instinct deep down.

"Chaos..."

She folded her arms as the power built up. It felt like everything was now in slow motion to her as the next word came to mind.

"Blast!"

She threw her arms out, and with that a large, red sphere of energy blew the rubble back just long enough for everyone to rush out.

"Everyone, out! Now!" Light ordered, scooping Twig up again. They all made it out just as their little hide out fell. Everyone looked crestfallen, all hope drained. Light set Twig down, but hugged him closely. Dark clouds had come in and rain was beginning to pout. Light cursed her luck. She thought there was no hope left when she saw a flash of lightning.

Twig huddled closer, but Light smiled. Rachael saw her and threw her hands up in exasperation, "Oh great, now Light's lost it!"

Light shook her head, "No, I have an idea!"

There was rubble and pieces of electronic parts everywhere. The group walked through the flattened, broken version of Tail's workshop. There was practically nothing left.

"Okay, if you think we're living here, you really have lost it!" Rachael said with hands on her hips. Light ignored her, wading through the broken pieces of the Tornado. She was looking for a lever, hoping that it wasn't broken! She clawed through plane parts and twisted up pieces of metal until she found it. Score!