Just some ol fashioned mayhem and anxiety

Grillby's had opened a year ago, and was an instant hit. It was a gathering place for a ton of monsters. Tonight was the usual crowd. Monsters chatting to their friends, drinking to their hearts content.  Gaster sat at the bar, biting down on a empty ballpoint pen. He was trying to relax. But he just couldn't.  He just felt tense. And tired. It was a miracle that he could stay up like this. ' didn't you learn anything?' Gaster thought to himself. ' I'll just get one drink, then I'll go home.'
"Grillby" he called. The fire monster turned. " could I some whiskey or something? I-if you don't mind, I mean." There was a long pause.
" ...haven't seen you around..." Grillby crackled. " Y-yeah. Sorry about that." Gaster replied sheepishly.
" almost forgot about you.." He flickered as he pulled out a bottle from under the counter.  It was a joke, of course, but Gaster couldn't help feeling slightly guilty. He took the bottle and took a swig out of it.
" ...yeah."
" anyway."
A feeling of dread washed over him. A ball of anxiety that had just suddenly burrowed into his chest. He jumped up. His mind was racing, his knees weak. He wasn't supposed to be here. Not now, anyway. I have to go." He stated, pulling away from the bar. The bottle of whiskey felt heavy in his hand. " you're going to have to pay for that." Gaster fumbled with his jacket, pulling out some gold pieces. " keep the change-" he muttered before walking out of the door. The bell rang through the whole building.
The restaurant patrons had all stopped their chatter. All eyes where on grillby. There was a long silence. The young fire elemental looked up, gold pieces in hand.
" He's still two gold short, anyway." Grillby sighed.