Chapter 19

The last day of Maine's seminar has ended. Before going home Rj requested her to bake a cake.

"tsaran!!! o ayan na tapos na ah. jusko ka naman gabing gabi na pinag-bake mo pa ako para kanino ba to? ah alam ko na sa babae noh? sinong babae to aba aba Rj walang kang sinasabi sa akin ah"

After not seeing Rj for two days, Maine decided that she will try to pretend that she has no feelings for Rj

"wala noh! namiss lang talaga kita?"

"ano? namiss? kaya mo ako pinag-bake? aba nakakapagod pala pag namimiss mo ako eh ano?"

"ha ha, sorry na namiss lang talaga kita"

"hayy nako. hatid sundo mo ako, may recording ka ng boses ko, lagi kang tumatawag at nagtetext tapos two days lang miss agad agad?"

"and it feels like forever"

Maine cleared her throat and tries not to get affected by Rj's charming but cheesy lines

"ahem... alam ko na! lagyan natin ng kandila kunwari birthday mo dali dali!"

Rj kindled a candle when suddenly the kitchen lights was turned off leaving Maine and Rj face to face both standing at the opposite side of a thin cemented bar table

"ah. ahem... hindi ba nila alam na andito tayo? teka papailawin ko muna ulit"

Rj stopped Maine from walking when he held her hands

"oh, bakit? ang dilim kasi"

"Maine?"

Rj looked at Maine like nothing else matter at that moment but her.

Maine seems to be drowning at his stare. His eyes are so deep she would want to dive in to see if it sees her, finally.

Slowly, Rj reached Maine's nose and started kissing her lower lip. Maine's heart is bursting with emotions. Her thoughts couldn't fathom her feelings anymore. Her eyes widened, her nose smelling the scent of Rj's breath. This is it, could he finally see her the way he saw Charlie? Do they finally share the same feelings?

Maine disregarded her cloudy mind and doubting heart, she finally succumbs to Rj's gentle, passionate kiss. For her, either the dream is turning into a reality or remain just a dream doesn't matter because that moment, that very moment isa one thing she had hoped for to feel years ago.

--------------

There's a sweet silence in Rj's car seated on the passenger seat is Maine whose hands his being intertwined with his since they left Conchas.

Excahnging sweet smiles and stealing glances from each other, they are like a cute highscool love birds who have first dated their crush.

Rj opened the door for Maine when they arrived at her home. His assistance of her is unfailing and proves how respectful he is most especially of women.

Rj pulled her hand gently and lean his back on his car.

"uhm, Maine"

"ha? so... sorry lutang"

"he he, ako rin eh ahm ano, usap nalang tayo bukas? pahinga ka muna"

"si... sige"

Rj stared ad Maine's lips, while petting her chin

"miss kita agad"

Maine is still speechless, she's powerless when it comes to Rj before so much now that Rj is starting to be affectionate towards her

Rj couldn't help himself and kissed Maine again, like he doesn't want to let go. His hands caressing her hair down to her back Rj is all over Maine

"so... sorry can't help it"

"ahm... uwi ka na? kasi sobrang gabi na"

"ayaw mo bang mag-stay pa ako ng kaunti?"

"hindi pwede, may meeting ka pa bukas, sobrang aga nun marami kayong catering"

"kaya ko naman yun eh"

"hindi na nga, uwi ka na"

"pinapaalis mo na ako, ayaw mo ako dito"

"hindi! sobrang pagod ka na kasi at buong araw ako lang inasikaso mo"

"sige sige na po. masusunod chef Maine, wag na masungit"

Rj kissed her hands and said his good night and goodbye and drove home

----------

Her thought is afloat. She is staring at the mirror for thirty minutes already and she saw how her cheeks blush whenever she remebers Rj's lips and how he kisses her, how they kissed

"urh!!!! anu ba bakit hindi ako nakapalag? ano nanaman ba tong napasok ko? okay na eh, papunta na ako duon sa okay na akong friend zone eh"

Her phone sounded when Rj texted

"I can't sleep with you running in my thoughts... good night Chef Maine"

Maine blushes again and again. She hates to admit it, but she cannot win over Rj's mere existence

"I used to hate you Rj do you know that? kung alam mo lang...urgh!!!!!!"

Maine was rolling on her bed when her Nanay knocked at her door

"nak? kakauwi mo lang?"

"ah nay! kayo po pala. opo"

"hinatid ka ni Rj"

"opo nay"

"ang saya mo"

"nakakatakot nga po"

"ingatan mo ang puso mo at puso niya... isang susi sa relasyon ang pagiging matapat sa isat-isa"

Maine knows what her Nanay is trying to say. After she said a prayer, Maine went to sleep hoping for the best for both them both.

"sana baliktad nalang ang lahat, na yung hindi niya ako napapansin sana bangungot nalang at yung nangyayari sa amin ngayon sana, sana nga totoo na... pero kung panaghinip nga lang talaga ang mahalin niya gaya ng hugot ng ibang inlove, sana hidi na ako magising pa"