Chapter 21

Maine rushed Charlie into the hospital, and upon Charlie's request before she passed out was to let Rj know what happen to her.

She was seating at the hallway, waiting for updates. Charlie's friend's came one by one then finally Rj.

Maine stood and walk passed by Rj

"I'm sorry Rj"

"Maine"

Maine walked away after seeing all of them being there for Charlie. She went out of the hospital with her tears falling heavy in her face.

"ilang beses, ilang beses pa akong masasaktan ng ganito. sana hindi ko nalang pinangarap sana hindi ko nalang inisip, sana hindi ko nalang hiniling na mahalin mo rin ako"

-----------

So much pain Maine is feeling. How she witnessed Rj's worried face outside of the emergency room makes her heart breaks into pieces.

She couldn't breathe, she felt her heart would stop beating any time soon.

------------

Rj followed Maine home and asked if they can talk

"Rj sorry, sorry hindi ko sinasadya ngyari kay Charlie"

"alam mo ba ang reason kung bakit ko binalak kausapin si Charlie the night before our wedding?'

Maine was dumbfounded at his introduction. She cannot take another blow of heartache anymore

"Kasi I was a coward. I am a man of a plan you know that kaya pag alam kong may isang bagay na maaaring maging pabigat, o hadlang sa plano ko eh hahanapan ko ka-agad ng paraan para maayos. But I was caught off guard"

"when I saw you leaving Conchas during the announcement, duon ko napatunayan na I fell out of control, because you see ever since I saw you, your smile, and when I laugh with you was the best laughter I had in years that I never had when I am with Charlie. with her laging superficial, daat lagi kaming may gawin para lang masabi na masay kami but with you? effortless sobrang effortless"

"When you left that night, I knew I failed fixing the supposed wedding. aaminin ko na sana lahat kay Charlie at least she knows everything and it's up to her if she'll leave me or not, wala dinsa isip kong ligawan ka kasi I'm a jerk if I'll do that, right?"

"and so I prayed, I prayed... sabi ko Lord ni minsan hindi ako nawalan ng pananalig sayo, pero alam mo rin kung gaano ko lahat planado to, help me help give me a sign that this wedding should not push through, give me a sign that I should be happy with somebody else, and if it is with Maine I'll follow you more than i have before even if where no easy roads sige lang just help me out"

"eh ayun boom! I saw them Rick and Charlie... Masakit syempre naloko ka eh, pero hindi ko alam kung ano yung mas masakit sakin that time eh, yung nalaman kong niloloko ako? or yung hinanap kita agad pero hindi kita makita? ang sakit malaman na both my plans, and thatone thing that made me happy, genuinely happy eh nawala lahat ng sabay sabay"

"I almost followed you Maine! to be honest it was my ego that got hit a lot sa ngyari sa amin ni Charlie... so I decided to follow where my heart is, sayo Maine"

"but then ayokong madaliin lahat, ayokong pangunahan ang Dyos ayokong mawala ka Maine kaya tiniis ko lahat ng pangungulila sayo hanggat bumalik ka. kaya nung bumalik ka? diba para akong tanga sunod ng sunod sayo? kasi tama ka, ayokong maulit ang mga pagkakamali ko nuon, oh pagkukulang ko nuon pero hindi dahil kay Charlie Maine, ginawa ko yun dahil sayo para sayo because you deserve every bit of me"

Maine can't stop crying while listening to Rj's confession.

Rj places Maine's hands on her face and start crying.