On The Run chapter 1

I smelled it before i saw it, or should I say "him", his scent, carried by the wind, hit me like a tornado, making me catch my breath, hating it and loving it at the same time. I felt his presence even before that, thought it was a mountain lion or even a lost panther from Florida, but his scent gave him away. He approached after following me for a couple of miles, fur as black as night, barley visible, shining black eyes, and really big, probably a head and a half taller in human form. Amazing, breathtaking.

'Did you bring any clothes to change back' he thought all of a sudden

'Wouldn't you like to know wolf-boy' i thought back

'Oh, yea, if it were up to me i would tell you to shift back without clothes'

'perv, let me guess a rouge'

'you got it' he said proudly, as if that was something to be proud about...

'I better go' i said turning back home

'Why, scared of a little rouge' he said, making me stop in my tracks

'Listen, i don't have the time or energy to put up with wolfs like you so just go away' i said gritting my teeth

'Oh wait, your a goody good, going back home to mommy and daddy and little brother georgie to go to starfall high and be ignored by all your peers accept the members of your pack... Look girly, I also have better things to do then stand here and talk to someone like you, but I'm doing it anyway, you should feel so special right now'

I sneered at that but in my mind i knew he was right, my life sucks and how did he know about Georgie! Oh and not to mention the attraction i felt towards him before he opened his big fat mouth, i knew he wasn't following though. I got so freaked I started running back home at a pace I never thought possible. I jumped back through my window and shifted back, put on some PJ's to get two hours of sleep before i fainted of exhaustion... Again...

Time for another day in hell folks, that's right, the great, the infamous, Star Fall High, where the populars run everything and bully everyone that's not in their click AKA me. When I think my day can't get any worse, as soon as i step into the hallway, that scent hit me again, knocking the breath out of me like a tornado, like a whirlwind ripping you to pieces, if he wasn't such a jerk I would've swooned at his very sight. I'm stronger then that though, so as soon as he steps in the hallway i turn my back and go straight to my locker. Searching for my history book, he comes up to me with a big, dorky, smile on his, adorable face.

"what do you want", I mumbled

"you", he says, what a jerk!

I slam my locker door close right in his face.

"Stay away from me" i say as i grind my teeth in frustration

"Fine, whatever you say, wolfgirl" as he walked away to homeroom.

The rest of the day goes by as slowly as ever, thinking about him nonstop and not even having my best friend around helped, and she's always on the perky side, talking forever! You can't ignore her, but somehow i did and she didn't even notice. Oh well, I better get home my mom must be unconcious by now. I open the door and of course, there she is, lying on the floor, next to the broken beer bottle.

"Paul!" I yell

"What did you do to mom!"

He stumbles down the stairs, beer in hand, baseball bat in the other, probably coming back from Georgies room. As he's falling i step aside so he lands next to my mom, and running up the stairs taking two at a time to get to Georgie.

knocking on his door I yell

"Georgie! Open up it's me Jen!"

A little four year old boy opens the door, red hair, frickles on his face and blue eyes that shine, the cutest little boy you would ever see, if it wasn't for all the bruises.