Introducing Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes was in no way ordinary. He was strikingly handsome and even more so intelligent, at only seventeen. Upon his head was a dark mess of inky brown curls, his eyes a soft green that silently saw every little detail, his fingers thin and slender and having held thousands of books at least, his legs powerful and long that have carried him many a mile. He was often stared at by passersby. He was hard to miss, for he towered over many people in the busy streets of London. 

Holmes was big on crimes. He quietly solved cases he read in newspapers and waited for Scotland Yard to figure it out. What took the police weeks took Sherlock Holmes hours. Sometimes he would even call and tell them his theories -- which were always correct -- and he had built himself quite a reputation. 

Girls never interested him. They sat there with their mascara and lip gloss and their dumb googly eyes with their skirts hiked up far too high and expected to be noticed by someone who wasn't a lowlife. They were all so dull in his eyes. So boring, so utterly stupid. He had yet to find someone who wasn't like the rest. 

And so he sat alone, most days, with a book as his only company. Mind you, he wasn't lonely, simply alone. Alone is what he had, alone protected him. He watched the other students act ridiculously with their so called "friends" (who he had already deduced liars) and decided that he wanted none of it. He didn't have friends because he didn't want any, and that was that. 

He didn't have to worry about high school anymore. In a few days he would be eighteen. In a month he would graduate. He would move out of his family's mansion and start living his own life, free of everything and everyone. He would inherit a fortune and never have to do anything he didn't want to for money's sake. It would be a relief to finally get out of that giant, empty house.