My life with the Brown boys

It's shocking how fast someone's life can be taken away from you so quickly. And I never expected that my family's lives to end so quickly.

I was at home, one Sunday night. Watching tv curled up on the couch. My parents were out for dinner with my little sister. I was home alone since I didn't have to go. Then, my door knocked. I silently walked over, to see police men at the door. I opened the door, my heart racing.
"Yes officers?" I ask quietly.
"Are you Emily Bergeson?" They ask. "Yes why?"
"Well we are sorry to inform you but your parents and siblings have been killed in a terrible accident. If you would come with us, please."
Dead? Killed? Tears streamed down my face. I followed the cops out to their car.

We arrived at the police station, where they put me in a questioning room. A detective walked into the room, with a notepad in hand.
"Hello Emily. My name is Dr. Peters." The man said.
"What happened to my parents?" I shout. Anger cursed threw my veins. "They were driving towards in intersection when a truck came out of nowhere and flipped the car. The man driving the truck lived, but died shortly after being in the IC unit. Anything else?" Dr. Peters says.
"Who will I live with?" I say, crossing my arms over my chest.
"The Browns." He says.
"We will take you home so you can pack all your things. Mrs. Brown will be here in an hour." He leaves the room, with me following him back out to a police car. A gust of wind comes, blowing my red hair into my face. I crawl into the car, and head home. I walk into my room, and I start sobbing onto my bed. My phone buzzes. All my friends put me in a group convo to see what we should wear each day. They ask me for suggestions, and I sob harder. I barely get out texting back "I'm not going to school here anymore. My parents just died in a car accident. I'm going to live in California." Then shut down my phone. I slowly put all my clothes into a giant suitcase, along with my pictures,makeup,and books. Once everything is packed, I walk into my little sister Claire's room. She was turning six today. I take her favorite stuffed animal, along with her iPod and some family pictures she has. I look longingly at my parents door. I decide not to go in there. I walk down the stairs, to a skinny, young lady down near my front door.
"Oh baby!" The woman cries, grabbing me for a hug.
"I'm Mrs. Brown. but you can call me Kathy or Katherine or anything you like!" She says.
"let's go before we miss our flight." I nod my head, grab my bags, and start heading to California.