1

Grace's dark blue eyes widened at the sight of the vast canyon before her.
"We're going to the very bottom, right Daddy?" Grace asked her father.
"I sure hope so tiger," He replied, smiling at her excitement.
The Lyons were spending their spring break at the Grand Canyon in Arizona, a nice break from the humid air that they were used to at their home in New Orleans.
The day was clear but the air smelled of something, something that Grace was able to distinguish as easily as breathing today.
It was the scent of death, for that day that had started off with so much promise, had fallen to its death at the bottom of the canyon, just as her father had.
No one really knew how he died, because there's lots of ways when you fall off a cliff.
Grace even rememberrd the last words that he said to her.
" I'll be right back." He told them. But he never was.
A month later they found his body, and a proper funeral was held. Not many people attended, because not many people knew him, and the ones that did just didn't care enough to attend.
The rest of the Lyons tried to move on, but after all the books Grace read, after all the things her older brother watched, and after all the alcohol her mother drank, you couldn't forget what happened.