3

Grace's head flew up from her keyboard. It was all a dream. Rubbing her eyes she stared at her computer. She hadn't gotten very far on her story before falling asleep. Writing about two new coffee shop openings wasn't very interesting. Nothing was.

With a yawn, Grace began erasing the long line of yhhytfrdtyuhjikuhnfdrtygdjnh her head had wrote when she fell asleep.

She glanced at the clock. 7:15.

"The building will be closing soon you know," Said a voice

Grace turned and saw Kathy, who, strangely enough, didn't have her smelly tea steaming at her side.

" I know." Said Grace. " What happened?"

" You fell asleep at about 2:20,"She said, handing Grace her coat and bag. " The building closes in fifteen minutes. We'd better get out of here."

Sighing Grace stood up. No dizziness, no headaches, no swirling clocks and strange voices. 

'You'll be fine,' She reassured herself, forcing her heavy feet to move in the direction of the elevator. 

" You need a ride home? I wouldn't want you falling asleep on the bus and missing your stop." 

Grace shook her head. " No, I think that I can manage, thanks." 

Kathy nodded and walked over to her own car. 

" See ya tomorrow Gracie!" She called, then got in and drove off.

The bus ride home was silent, and the Lyons red brick house was as quiet as a library and that eerie feeling it gave off made Grace shiver in fright. But it wasn't the house that gave the feeling of fingernails on a chalkboard. 

It was that man across the street who made the sky dark. 

" Who are you?" Grace said, crossing the street.

" I am nothing but a ghost, we all are. The clock is frozen. " He said showing her his watch. It indeed had stopped moving

Grace glanced down at her own watch. The screen was cracked and broken, and the hands spun around like a carousel.

" But, I don't understand, " Grace said, frowning in confusion. 

"Neither do I Grace," He said. " Neither do I."