Chapter 1

"Hurry! Over here!" a boy shouted to his friend. The other excitedly ran over to his friend. They played around in the grass, laughing all the same.

Crow shot up in bed, waking up from the dream. "It's that dream again..." he whispered. He noticed that he's been having this dream often, sometimes strong enough that he feels that he's actually there. "Who is that other boy..? It seemed like we were close, but why can't I remember his face?"

Shun woke up with groan. "This dream must be hinting at something. What the hell is it?" he said annoyed. This isn't the first time he's had this dream as well. He told Yuto about it, but he didn't know what was going on either. "Tch, every time I get close to that boy, I wake up. It's like it doesn't want me to see his face." he thought while grumbling.

Yuto entered Shun's room. He noticed he was upset again so he decided to try a lighter subject. "So, any plans for today?" he asked. Shun pointed at piece of paper on his desk. Yuto walked over to inspect it. "To Do: 1) Find out meaning of dream. 2) Pick up things needed in home. 3) Go duel some friends at 3. 4) Take a nap" Yuto didn't expect much from Shun now that everything has calmed down.

Crow was making his way over to Jack's for their daily 2pm game time. "Yo. You're late." Jack said. Crow rolled his eyes then said, "You do this every time. It's only a minute after." Jack shrugged then made his way inside with Crow tailing behind.

Crow is always amazed whenever he enters Jack's home. Even though things have gotten better for Commons, no, they weren't called Commons anymore. Everyone was finally equal after so many years. Even still, Jack's place was always a wonderous sight. "Come on, time's a wastin'." Jack said.

Shun was arriving home, half happy. He still couldn't find out anything about his dream. His sister poked her head out the door and greeted him. "Anything yet?" He shook his head, sighed then walked inside to nap. He thought of all the places he's been. "There's one place I haven't been, well, where no one has been in a while. Better than nothing I guess." He went out to go to the so called "cursed" place.

Shun arrived at the place and entered. He spotted a young fellow sitting and looking at tarot cards. "I knew you were coming. Sit down, you have something to ask don't you?" He reluctantly sat down then told him everything. The person shuffled the cards then pulled 3 cards from the top then set them in a row. "Hmm, Six of Cups upright. This means a childhood memory. Let's see what else..." They flip over another card from the row. "Three of Swords upright. This means painful separation, sorrow, heartbreak and/or grief. Now the for the last one." They flip over the last one. "Five of Swords reversed. It could mean open to new changes but if we consider the two before it, it seems to be past resentment."

Shun wasn't sure whether to trust this person or not, but continued to listen. "So, this dream of yours is a childhood memory, however something happened thus the Three of Swords. You may not realize it, but you are holding onto the past resentment. I'll make your reading free, I'm pretty generous." Shun stood up and left, only feeling slightly better.

Crow wasn't sure whether to bring his dream up or not. Jack could see it on his face that he had something to say. "Spit it out, Crow. I'm listening." Crow took a deep breath then told him the whole dream. "Hmm, I do remember that you'd play with this boy who no one had seen before, like he appeared out of thin air. You two were inseparable, but one day the boy disappeared. You cried for days and it took a lot for us to get you out of the house. You don't remember his face?" Crow shook his head then sighed heavily. "At least I have more info than before.."