1.) Moving and meeting Mateo

Me and my mom were about 2 hours into our 6 hour flight to Ypsilanti, Michigan. My mom and I had to move there because she got a new job there that paid well.

She's a single mom and she's damn good at being one. My dad died of a drug overdose when I was 12, I'm 17 years old now. It's been five long, hard years since my dad died.
We were put in bad financial situations, my mom dealt with bad relationships, I dealt with losing friends since I became so reserved after my dad died. But we overcame the hardships which is why me and my mom are so close.
I was kind of mad that we had to move because I'm not really good at making new friends, and it's my senior year too like what the fuck mom. Of course I would never say that cause I'd get my ass beat 🙃.
But anyways, my name is Imani Williams, I'm seventeen years old, I'm Jamaican and Indian mixed. My mom is Jamaican and my dad was Indian. I have shoulder length curly hair that's brownish black, and i guess you could say I have a decent body. My waist is small and my butt is alright I guess. I don't really talk about my self image all that much cause people think that you're conceited 🙄. I have dark skin, which I'm proud of. I wasn't always that confident in my skin because I was bullied all through elementary and middle school.
I looked at my mom as she was reading a book and I just couldn't help but think "she is so beautiful". She caught me staring at her and she looked at me weird.

"Imani why are you staring at me?" She asked.

"You're just really pretty mom." I said with a smile.

"Girl, I know. I mean look at me, no wonder you're so pretty it had to come from somebody." She smiled with her younger sticking out and we both started laughing.

"Look Bebe, I know it's your senior year and we're about to move to a new state in November, but I promise things will get easier for us. Life hasn't always treated us well these past years and I feel like this move will be good for our lives. You'll make good friends that love and care for you and hopefully I get me a nice sugar daddy" she said said with a smirk on her face and made me cringe.

"Way to lighten up the mood mom." I said with a chuckle.

She smiled and told me to get some sleep until we get to Michigan and I did just that.

4 hours later

My mom shook me and told me that we arrived in Michigan. I got up and stretched my body and we walked inside the Bishop International airport. I walked to a nearby coffee shop to get something to eat and drink for my mom and I as she got our rental car until we bought a new one. I already have money saved up to get me a car. We got our luggage and walked to our car and we drove off to our new house.

We drove in a comfortable silence as we listened to Redbone by Childish Gambino from my phone which played through the speakers. Once we pulled up in our driveway I looked at the house in awe. It wasn't big but it was a nice house for sure! We got our luggage inside and I can't even tell you how many damn boxes were in the house.

"Awh FUCK it's gonna take me forever to get this shit done." I said angrily.

"Girl you better watch your language." She warned me and I quickly said sorry.

"By the way, I already have our cars bought for us." She said happily

"You bought me one momma?!" I said with confusion.

"Yes Bebe, why are you so confused?" She asked

"Well, I don't want you to spend that much on me already, we still have to settle in and I know you're gon-" she cut me off.