One

Before you start reading I just wanted to say that I got this story idea off of a idea book thingy where she had story ideas up and you could use them. I wasn't going to use any so I deleted the book but ended up writing something and forgot her @ . If you know the description and know the lovely girl that came up with it. Please let me know so I can give her credit 😊 other than that, this story and the chapters are from my own head lol.

I stare at my ceiling and watch the fan slowly spin; a somber feeling in my chest as I recall the events this day held a few years ago.

"Do you really have to go?"

He stares at me with a somewhat amused expression through the sadness splayed on his face as I ask this exact question again, knowing what the exact answer is going to be.

"Mum and dad-"

"made a deal that you go over there during festive holidays" I say instead, "I know." Pulling him a bit more closer while we lay on his made up bed, everything in his room neat and tidy until his return.

It's hard. I've never experienced this type of situation before. The type where the one you love goes away for a while. I can already feel my heart strings pull just thinking about how long he'll be away for. How ironic though. I used to chuckle at the girls who did this in movies, yet here I am - clung to a boy I love like a little koala on its mother. Pathetic, but I really don't care. He's everything I want and more and I don't know how I'll handle the time he's away.

"Hey," he whispers, touching my cheek, "are you okay?"

I look up at him with a small confused frown to be met by his own sad, concerned one. He pulls me closer than I already am, moving his thumb to wipe away a tear that I didn't even realise roll down my cheek and smiles a sad smile before leaning over to place a kiss on my forehead, pulling away after a short time. "Don't worry, I'll be back before you know it"

I remember nodding and telling him I loved him throughout the short time that we had until his mother knocked on his door to let him know they were leaving shortly to the airport.

My heart ached as I waved him goodbye. It ached while I watched the car disappear from my view and it ached years after when he never came back.

I was beyond hurt the rest of the New Year after all the excuses I had made up for him not contacting me all ran out the first few months he was gone. It nearly knocked me to the point where I was failing classes; All because my heart was broken. Who could blame seventeen year old me? He was my first love. It was just stupid puppy love. Stupid teenagers taking on a role that they didn't even know anything about.
We even went as far as talking about marriage and kids in the future.

Had I known that all we were planning was stupid nonsense, I would have uppercutted myself and slapped him right there and then to prevent the struggles I faced because of it. I had my first heartbreak and it made me who I am today, so in all honesty, I don't regret any of it, But just because I don't regret any of it doesn't mean It hurt. He was my very best friend before we became anything else and for him to just cut all contact from me without an explanation was heart wrenching in its own way.

While I lay here wallowing in the past I cease to notice the door of my dorm room bathroom open and my roommate walk out of it fully dressed, just about ready to leave.

I jump in a fright when I feel her towel land on my face covering my eyes before snatching it off and turning my head towards her, her back facing me. If she were to turn around she'd surely die of my glare. I'm sure of it.

"Why would you do that?" I ask quite pissed off. Who throws their towel at someone though. Their damp, wet, used towel.

Her shoulders bounce indicating that she is in fact laughing to herself as she grabs her dirty clothes to drop into her washing basket.

"You know classes start soon right?" She says plainly, although her 'plainly' is a squeaky voice that sounds more like nails on a chalk board without even trying.

I know that's harsh and considering I've only moved in a couple of weeks ago, it's very easy to think it with her attitude in the mix.

She finally turns around though, her eyes watching me as I watch her too.

She scrunches her face into a scowl, noticing that I don't get up or make a move to do anything. "You really need to get up"

"No" I say in a matter of fact.

I actually don't have any classes today. Of all days, how ironic. My only class was cancelled last minute. So I can mope about stuff all day today no problem. I know she doesn't have any classes so it only leaves me to wonder why in the world she is so concerned about my education. Shes never really bothered before. I can go to sleep with her in her bed and then wake up late to see her bed empty.

"You're going to be late." she says, a distinct urgency in her voice.

Her phone gets a text and both of our eyes avert to it. She's quick to pick it up reading the message, her eyes moving side to side then flicking up to mine in frustration.

"Are you going or not?!"

"No." I simply but nicely say. she's had this room all to herself for five months, who knows who she's brought up here during that time.

She rolls her eyes and snatches up her bag, slinging it over her shoulder and stomps to the door almost like a little child all the while typing something into her phone. She swings the door open and slams it shut behind her. The sounds booming through the room.

I feel a little bad as I lay back down but I don't want to go anywhere today, especially if it's for no good reasons. This is my home too for a while and I'm not about to live uncomfortably every time she wants to bring someone up here.

She's tried to do it once before, the first week I got here but I'm not one to be bossed around so I shut that stuff down right away and kicked what's his name out.

Mumma ain't raise no bítch.

----------------------------------------------

A/N: once again, hope you enjoy!

But lmao "uppercutted myself" 😂