information on guns and other stuff.

hello, this chapter is to inform you readers on some of the technology that is going to be used in this book. hope you enjoy.

guns

Owen Machine Carbine: more comonly known as the Owen gun, this weapon was made in 1939 by the Australian inventor Evelyn (Evo) Owen. it origanaly had a top mounted drum mag, but was later opted out for a a 32 round box magazine. it fires a 9x19mm Parabellum round at around 700 rounds a minuet. it has a simple blow back fireing system. because of its simple design, it rarley jams and was a favorite with the troops of many contries. it was used up until the second year of Vietnam, when it was replaced by the more effective L1A1, L1A2, M-16 and in some case, the AK-47.

Lee-Enfield Mk 1 repeating rifle: comisioned in 1895, the Lee-Enfield repeating rifle has been the standed weapon of the british empire up until 1957. it had a 10 round magazine standed which can be quiekly reloaded or. it takes a .303 calibre round. this rifle is one of the most reliable guns used by the british.

M1 Thompson: used through out WW2, the 'Tommy gun' was one of the more successful guns of designed. it took a compact, 45. calibre round. it would either have a handle or a fore grib and could take a 50 round drum magazine or a 30 box magazine. used mainly by the American GI's, it was later replaced by cheaper M3 Grease gun.

M3 Grease gun: this weapon was made to replace the M1 Thompson as the war continued and the call for guns to be cheaper and quicker to make started to grow. compared to the $3000 and   72 hours it took to make one thompson, you could make over 3000 M3 in around a quarter of the time. the M3 could use the same rounds as a thompson, but could quickly be changed to use captured german 9x19mm Parabellum rounds.

STEN gun: ranked as one of the most reliable smg's of the war, the sten was made as a cheaper alternative to the Tommy gun. using the cheaper blow back firing system, the gun only used the recoil of the gun to champer the next shot. this gun rarly jamed, unless the side mounted magazine was warped, and the bullet feed disrupted.

Bren LMG: the bren lmg was a reliable gun with a 30 round box magazine, a 100 round drum, or a 520 round belt. it was standardly used as a lmg, but was also used as an air craft armament. troops loved it as it was reliable and used in many thearters.

Lewis gun: made as a LMG for WW1, this gun is easiest to identifie from it's large tubular cooling shroud, makig it the first real air cooled machine gun. it has a 47 or 97 pan magazine mounted on top. it is cappable of shooting 500-600 rounds a minuet. you can also find versions that take 250 -500 round belts. tho it was one of the heavier than a standard machine gun, it was still was used widely.

Type 99 light machine gun (LMG): this gun is a weaker coppy of the British Bren, but its standard magazine had 40 rounds. this gun was commenly used by Japanese units for heavey fire suport as the heavey machine guns of japane were to cumbersom for front line units.

japan used many different rifles. many of them look the same, with the same actions and magazine size. many of the desgins they used were copies of British, American abd other countries weapons.

vehicals

Fleet submarien: the name given to the standard American Sub of WW2. thes subs could reach up to 16 knots under water. these subs carried 28 torbedos, had eight firing tubes, 2 deck guns and 4 machine guns.

------]

this chapter will be updated as more info is needed