Assistant Part 2

Assistant Part 2

You arrive at the store and get to the snack section.

"Hmm? Should I get sour candy or sweet?" You think as you ponder the sour patch kids and the gummy worms.

"What the heck! Both!" You pile the basket with chips, cookies, candies, soda, beef jerkey for some protein, and cinnamon Altoids. You were proud with your purchase, and you headed back to work. You couldn't help but break into some of the candy on your way back which turned your mouth and tongue blue. When you got there, it was obvious that everyone had arrived because people were hushed and on their best behavior. You tiptoed over to Jen and handed her the bags.

"Oh thank you so much! Here," she hands you a few bowls, "fill these up and take them in please."

"Uh, ok." You say as you take the snacks back. Before you went to the room, you tried to rub the blue coloring from your lips but it wouldn't budge. You tried putting on some of your lipstic, but then your lips just turned purple.

"Forget it." You mumble under your breath, and you walk up to the door. Through the blinds you could see that it was like a zoo in there. You saw a few of the executives throwing paper at each other while the others were laughing their heads off. You spotted Michael, and just then you fill with all of the fear and happiness in the world. You straighten your clothes and with buckling knees, you enter.

"Excuse me." You say as the door swings open. The room falls silent and you find yourself without words as you walk to the table.

"Hi." You say as you set the snacks down, but still the room was silent.   

**To Be Continued**