Snippet of: I Could Fall In Love

I'm in the process of writing another story. It's in the very early stages of conception, lol. Here is an excerpt from part of it. Tell me what you think please!

***I could fall in love***

The music started and filled my headphones. The beat was thumping through the whole both, but at my cue I opened my mouth and the cry of a thousand tears blocked all sound. I immediately had to stop recording. My eyes stung of year old tears, pent up behind my wall of an ego. I let it all come out. As I fell to my knees, every moment I had spent with him flashed before my eyes. From the first time I looked in his eyes to the first time he spoke my name. I loved him so much; so hard; so... deeply. He was my heart. I wrote this song for him. It was the night after the first time he took me to his park. He asked if he could hold my hand. He had been so nervous that his hands were clammy.

**"Can I hold your hand?" He said while sheepishly looking away from my eyes. I wanted him to look at me so that I could see his beautiful brown eyes, but I was too nervous to say so.

"Yes," was all I managed to eek out, and I felt his hand timidly in mine. They were soft, but rough at the same time. They felt strong though. He took me through the entire park, never once letting go. We became more comfortable with each other. By the end of the day, we could look each other in the eyes without needing to look away. I could tell that I could really like him, a lot.**

These memories danced through my mind, as if mocking me, in unimaginably crisp detail. I felt an arm wrap around me. It pulled me into darkness and warmth.

"Mommy." I whispered, hoarse from bawling. She stroked my hair and kissed my forehead. We sat like that for over half an hour. I decided to cancel the recording session and we returned to the hotel. My mother sat down on the sofa and I joined her and laid my head on her lap. She bent over and smiled sadly at me. I hadn't said a word to anyone about it-about him- but she read my mind as always.

"Ready to talk about it?"