Chapter 3

Kellin's P.O.V.

I blinked at chad for a few moments, trying to calm my racing heart. This had to be a joke, there's no way.

"Excuse me?" I said trying to keep my voice leveled and nonchalant.

Chad looked me up and down and smirked, "Kellin Quinn Bostwick, you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the  court of law-" Chad continued to rattle off my miranda rights as i continued to stare at him dumfounded.  

"H-how.. I.." I could barely breathe let alone get my thoughts out, panic consumed me.

"You runaways are all the same, this was just pure luck." Chad chuckled as he climbed off me and made his way towards the front. I hadnt made a move to get up and just stared blankly up at the roof, only when  i heard the engine start, did i sit up.  

"Where are you taking me?" I asked trying to even out my breathing.

Chad met my gaze in the rearview mirror and just smiled as he drove.  

____

The past couple of days went by in a blur. After i was arrested, they wasted no time with setting up a court date. The trial went quick considering they had all the evidence and pictures they needed in order to convict me. When asked what i pleaded, i pleaded not guilty knowing damn well that the jury already had made  their decisions. The judge sentenced me to 5 years for for a hit&run. I was processed and on my way to federal jail before i could even blink.   

A guard led me down a large darkwalled hallway with a gate at the end of it, opening it quickly before slipping the keys back into his pocket. He held a tight grip on my arm as he pulled me over to a door on the left side of us both containing what looked like boxed up supplies and a man leaning on the wall with a clipboard in hand.

"Kellin Quinn Bostwick?" The officer holding onto me said to the man inside the room. His head shot up as he looked us both over, before reaching for a box that didn't look like help much considering how easy it seemed for him to pick up.

"Here, kid." The man said as he tossed the box in my direction. I caught it just in time before it hit the floor, slightly doubling over at the unexpected weight now resting in my hands. I nodded at him in a somewhat thanks of handing me the box, although I'm not exactly sure whats in it, but questions didn't seem that big of a priority as now I was being dragged by my shoulder once more and pulled closer to another gate. Before opening and entering like I thought we would, however, I was pushed into a fairly empty room.

"Drop the box, open it up, and change out of your outsider clothes." He ordered before letting go of my shoulder and taking a few steps back from me.

"What am I suppose to change into?"

"Open the box and find out. What do you think is even in there, anyway?"

"I don't know, I was planning on asking." I mumbled before placing the box down on the floor, kneeling in front of it and ripping it open carelessly, slowing my movements down once I could see inside it. There wasn't much found, simply things I would need for everyday priorities like clothes, a toothbrush, etc.

"Change kid, come on, what are you waiting for?" He asked me, visibly beginning to grow impatient with my rate of getting this done. I, for one, was simply becoming annoyed with getting ordered around and called a child, so I wouldn't make my movements any quicker for him.

"I can take my time if I want to." 

"Actually, you can't. We have a schedule to keep, we need to get you to your cell and get you settled." He shot back before waving his hands exaggeratedly in a "hurry up" motion.