Stranger Danger

(A/N: Heeey!! This is our first story, please don't kill us XD. Enjoy!)

Song Inspiration: Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap

           It was my second week here in the University of Leeds and I just got settled in. My body is now adjusting and getting back to my old routine. I was in the middle of a peaceful slumber when my alarm went off. That meant it was 5:00 am and time for my early morning jog. I got up and got dressed. I haven't gotten the chance to explore the place yet because my first week was focused on unpacking, setting my room up and adjusting to my new schedule. 

            As I was jogging to the intersection, I saw a boy about to cross my path when he turned to the same road as me. We were running at the same pace so I felt the awkwardness between us. So I started running faster but he easily caught up and to my horror, started a conversation.

"Hi" he said.

"Uhmm.. Hi?"  I replied. Why is he even talking to me?

"Soo.. I haven't seen you around here before, are you new?"

"Yep! In case you haven't noticed, I'm American" obviously.

"Do you even know where you're going?"

"No, but getting lost is part of the adventure."

"Well.. would you mind if I get lost with you?" he asked with an eyebrow raised, and a small smile tugging on his lips.

"Have you ever heard of the phrase 'stranger danger?'" I said. "I'm not supposed to talk to strangers, much more get lost with them."

"But you said it was part of the adventure." 

I fell silent, contemplating whether it was safe to jog with a person I just met or not.

"Fine" I muttered, and the boy smiled. 

We jogged together, going up a small hill. We made small talk while trying to reach the top, a healthy distance separating us.

"Would you mind telling me your name?" He asked, and I turned my head to the side, eyeing him cautiously. 

"You're not some stalker with a plan to kill me, are you?" 

"If I were, I would've killed you minutes ago."

"Right." I said, feeling dumb. "Skylar" I mumbled.

"Pardon?" 

"Skylar Grey, my name's Skylar Grey. How about you?"

"Finn Harries." He smiled again, his eyes crinkling at the corners. 

We reached the top and came across a bench placed beneath a tree. The scene felt like it came out of a movie with the breathtaking view of the sun slowly climbing up the horizon.

As I turned to my companion, he was already heading to the bench, sitting down and patting the spot next to him. So I went and sat down. As the sun hit his face I stared at him intently and for the first time realizing how gorgeous he actually was. His green eyes glinted as he grinned saying,

"It's beautiful isn't it?" He said, and I noticed that he was staring at me too. 

"What?"

"The view, it's beautiful."

"Yeah..." I murmured, looking away. After a few minutes I realized what the rising sun meant. I glanced at my watch and was proven right. It was 6:00 am. I had to get ready for my class at 7:30. Being late wasn't my plan to impress for my first week of class. 

I stood up and told him I had to leave. He looked a little miffed from my hasty good bye and I ran as fast as I could to my room.

(A/N: Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii again. What do you guys think of the story? :)