wedding you didn't want to attend.

There he goes. Walking away from me. I think, I think I just lost everything that's ever been good to me. I can't believe I'm letting him slip through my fingers-no please, come back-why is this happening?

*

You have been invited to Mr. and Mrs. wedding.

How dare he. He knows how much this hurts, how dare he leave me for her, and marry her, and invite me. What have I done to deserve this pain. Why did I get this punishment.

But, why am I going? Why did I let myself get ready for this wedding I didn't want to go to.

*

"Please take your seat in row two, on the right. Groom."

I followed what I'm supposed to do, dreading all of this day. I purposely arrived later than others intended, and I was okay with that. Even sitting in my seat I felt all pressure, pain, and betrayal.

How...why..?

*

He stood straight, proper, elegant, handsome. He was standing for her, not me. He was waiting for her to walk down the aisle, not me. He was waiting for everyone to cheer for them, not us. He was not mine anymore, but somewhere in my heart I knew for sure I wanted to be his again. Why couldn't it be me. Why not me...

*

I watched his every movement, every facial expression as the doors at the back opened, and his soon-to-be wife started walking down the aisle. He smiled gratefully, only keeping eye contact with her. I wish he would keep eye contact with me, like he used to. Like when he would tell me a story, and keep eye contact, or when we made love, he would keep eye contact. Now, he's doing all that stuff with her, and not me.