Chapter 4

What?!

A mix of emotions ran through my head first confusion, then I felt scared, admiration and then anger. How did he get my number? What will happen when my parents find out? He actually troubled himself just to get my number! Who gave out my number?

I looked at my phone once again, Magnus Pierce, the guy who I rejected at the party and the person who I didn't give my number to had just messaged me!

Unknown Number: Night, beautiful! ;) -Magnus

The next day was unexpected. My parents had just called me down, from my study session. My parents are wealthy, I can't deny it, so it's normal whenever a friend who is an associate or are quite close to the family come over for dinner. I'm usually up in my room when these meet and greets/ dinners happen. So I've only met a couple of people.

"Sofia! We are just notifying you that we will be having family friends over tonight. We would like you to attend dinner with us and take a break from your studying." 

WHAT? Did my mum just say that! Whoever the family we were going to meet up with, I didn't care. I actually got time from my endless study sessions. I was so excited, but I made sure my parents didn't suspect that.

"Yeah, that's cool. What time do you want me to be ready by?" I shrugged, trying to keep my excitement down.

"You should be ready around 5 pm, sharp. We will be leaving early since we are going to a very exclusive restaurant in the city, so wear something formal." my dad spoke, looking at his phone and then glancing up at me. I received a quick kiss on the forehead from my parents before they ventured off into their offices. I clambered up the stairs and called Aubrey. She was just as shocked as I was. We face timed each other and then she helped me pick out my dress, shoes and accessories. I ended the call, it was 2 pm. I took a relaxing shower, blow dried my hair, and painted my nails. I wore my dress. It was red. It reached my ankles and had a slit up the side of the dress. I admired myself, before checking with my overly strict mum if the dress was appropriate. She gave a curt nod and went back to getting ready. I applied a thin coat of makeup. I finished applying my lipstick when my parents walked into my room, telling me they were ready. I slipped on my heels and made my way to our car. 

We arrived at a beautiful restaurant that was in the heart of the city, hovering over the beautiful water. Dad stated our reservations and proceeded to walk towards the waterfront tables. The family was already there. A man wearing a navy blue suit waved to us. His wife gave mum a warm hug and their daughter waved to me and gave me a quick hug. 

"Sofia, this is my daughter Georgia. Georgia this is Sofia, Lance's daughter." their daughter, who was my age, gave me a warm smile. She was beautiful, had brown straight hair that had a mixture of brown and blond streaks. She wore a crimson dress, so we sort of matched. I was motioned to sit next to her. Her father spoke again, this time to Georgia.

"Georgia, where is your brother?"

"I think he went outside to take a call," she replied pointing to a balcony with an amazing view of the sea. Her father said that her brother would sit next to me. 

"What school do you go to?" Georgia asked.

"Kingsley, what about you?"

"Lakeview." she said, disappointed that we didn't go to the same high school.

"What year are you in?" she asked

"I'm in 11, and I'm guessing you're in 10?" Georgia nodded.

"My brother is in Year 11 too," I nodded. 

"We should hang out whenever you're free, you seem really nice," I replied, she beamed, she took out her phone and we exchanged our numbers and Instagram and Snapchat usernames. The seat next to me moved, Georgia's dad beamed.

"Lance, Kathryn, Sofia let me introduce you to my son, Magnus. Magnus Pierce."