A Sneak Peek at "Fall"

Authors note:://
Hey guys! Thanks so much for tuning in to read my story! I am not done writing the chapter of  "Fall" yet but however here is a preview of what I have so far!" I will publish the actual chapter of "Fall" when I'm done. I hope you like this preview! Also! I am constantly revising and editing my stories so sometimes you might get a notification saying I updated it when really I just re-published it. One more thing! I have a tendency to get writers block so bare with me! Enjoy the story! 

( 4 years and 9 months after the final 4 words from the Netflix original, Gilmore Girls: A Year in The Life)

"Fall"

Rory's Point of View

I walk through the park on this beautiful afternoon. My brown boots crunching the leaves as I walk over them. A slight breeze hits me and runs through the cracks of my scarf and to my bare neck. It's that time of year again. All the kids are getting ready to go back to school. We officially say goodbye to our summer experience and hello to the new opportunities the fall will bring. The leaves will start to turn creating a beautiful fiery glow. It sets a great scenery to read a book on a park bench, not that the scenery ever stopped me from pulling out a book. There were so many amazing things that happened in the fall. I moved to Chilton, I met Dean, and of course the annual town events. Some of my favorites were, "The Festival of Living Art," and "The End of Summer Madness Festival," oh and don't let me forget "The 24 Hour Dance Marathon!" Then of course there were the fall seasons at Yale and everything after Yale. This fall, is different from the others. Stars Hallow is expanding, it is no longer a 'small town'. When I came back to visit last May, the town was crowded with people I've never met before in my entire life. Kirk, Luke, Miss Patty, Babette and Taylor are the last survivors who have kept the culture of the town running...or at least they tried. My mom on the other hand is always changing things. She changes her outfits twenty times before she finally finds something she likes, and it's usually mine. I wonder how Luke doesn't go insane... well insane more often. I sure did, but I lived with that for 18 years. I became insane, I'm was the definition of insane, and still am a little bit. All in the days work of Lorelai Gilmore.

I now live up in Hartford, not where my grandparents used to live but near that area. It's nice, its quiet, it's a beautiful area. I'm on my way home from work, but I decided to talk a walk around the campus before I leave. I now teach at Chilton as an English and History teacher. Sometimes I get to even work the library shifts if no one else is available. Today the school had several alumni's come in as guests to inform the students about their careers. Paris, was one of these guests. It was basically what we did what..five years ago? Well, I guess technically it would've been four years and nine months ago. I didn't even know she was a guest in the building today until I heard her loud, informative, sassy tone of hers that you could recognize from anywhere echoing through the hallways. I think you can get a good idea of how that played out. I rounded the parking lot, got in my car, and drove home. Another nice thing was,I didn't live that far away. It was about a thirty minute drive there and back. I pulled up to the driveway and into the garage. I slammed the door shut while I was balancing stacks of papers, and several books. Several heavy books.

3rd Person Point of View

Rory rushes through the door to find a place to set her stuff down. She throws everything down at her desk like a pile of dirty laundry, and goes back to her car to retrieve the rest of her belongings. She puts her lunch box away and sets down her tote bag to go get the mail. She comes back inside arms full of more papers, magazines, letters, and bills. She puts them down and goes through them. After, she brews a cup of coffee, and sits down at her desk to begin grading papers. Once she's done with that she makes herself another cup of coffee, goes outside to the backyard, and reads one of the books she brought home from the library. She decided that she didn't want to be the mother that had maids do everything for her. She wanted to face the experience of being a mom head on. That meant she would do everything herself and teach her kids to do the same.