POISON

Debt

_______

Chapter 4

_______

-

-

-

POISON

"Shut up or I'll slice your head off."

"Boo! I'm just telling you about my hypothesis!"

Rivaille continued to sip his coffee, turning deaf on the fired up Hanji Zoe. He had never had the curiosity on the matter about titans that much although he had been listening to Hanji's babble, all he understood was he would kill all those titans; that was all he could conclude. Rivaille sipped his coffee again as he glanced to his right.

"Hey, Rivaille! Are you listening?!" Hanji prodded him to listen.

Rivaille turned back to Hanji, glaring at her. With that, Hanji shut her mouth, knowing fully of the annoyed Rivaille. She gestured her cup of coffee at Rivaille for a one sided cheer and drank it. She grinned as she left like a gust of wind. Rivaille turned to his coffee, sipping it quickly until the very last drop. He sighed.

"Give me a glass of beer." Rivaille asked.

"S-sir... are you sure"

"I'll pay you double."

"Y-yes sir!" The waiter served.

Sipping slowly, Rivaille couldn't calm himself; instead he drowned himself in his own thoughts. That woman. How dare she fill my mind... She, herself is a sin. She's an enemy of mine yet she's not humanity's nemesis in which I can't exterminate her. Damn it. This is the shittiest day ever. I can't get her out of my head. He pondered. Apparently, he had been trying to distract himself yet all he got as the result was only annoyance. Day till night, he couldn't find the perfect partner to distract him-not until he visited cafeteria at dinner time and got himself a cup of coffee and a glass of beer which was very costly.

"Sir... the cafeteria is closing soon. Um, you have been here the whole evening and err...the cafeteria is empty but only you." The waiter spoke.

Rivaille was very well aware of the people exiting the cafeteria; he waited for the peace yet he had to leave. He stood up, paying his bill twice more than usual and left the place. He was unable to get his peace to ponder. Tch...

Walking through the hallway, Rivaille spotted a few cadets who seemed to be ogling at someone. Rivaille made a disgusted look at them. Holding onto their manhood, so filthy. Who the hell are they ogling? He looked at the direction they were facing. His eyes trailed to the grass field and stopped under the tree where a figure seemed to be moving swiftly.

"Damn. Look at that abs!"

"Her curves, dude!"

"No! her boobs!"

"Her lips!"

"Her hair!"

"Her eyes!"

"Her neck!"

Tch. The hell is that person under the tree. She's... training with a sandbag? Rivaille squinted his eyes, focusing on the figure to make out who it was. Once he recognized who it was, his eyebrow twitched. His heart pounded as it burned with rage. His knuckles were clenched hard with anger. That woman! How could she let others ogle at her?! With only thin upper garment and shorts! Tch...

"Shit. She's coming!" Those cadets who were oblivious of Corporal Rivaille, scrambled into an alley while Rivaille turned to walk back to the cafeteria, intending to abuse his status to get another beer. Unknown to him, the woman those cadets were ogling at, Mikasa Ackerman was heading straight into the alley. There's a shortcut here. She thought as she entered and found herself being blocked by seven cadets.