Chapter 4 Part 2

***

Sorry guys for such a late update!  I lost my flashdrive and then a lot of things came up so it took me a while to write. Luckily, it's the longest chapter I've written so far, so happiness for you I hope.  Also, I had a user malfunction and you know those annoying dotted page breaks that you CAN'T DELETE? Well, I tried deleting them but looking up stuff online, and they MULTIPLIED! I had six, but now I only have two, or three, so please just ignore those.  I'm sorry I can't get them to go away. 

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy because I worked hard on this second part for you guys, and please vote and comment to let me know how I'm doing, I need motivation.  Love all my fans and people who read this!  Thank you all!  :)

***

After taking another shower and getting dressed a second time in a red t-shirt, you walk out of the room with a large towel pressed against your head.  Margaret lounges on the couch, seeming as if nothing happened a few minutes earlier.  If not for her straightened spine and clenched fists, you would have assumed you made the Consumer up.

               “Are you ready?” she glances up from another Say Yes to the Dress episode, eyeing your t-shirt with distaste.  Shaking her head, she runs her hands through her pink spiky hair.

               “Yeah, just let me put this up.”  You slowly take the towel from your head, trying not to glance at the blood staining the white cloth.  Placing the towel on the counter, you glimpse yourself in the reflection on the fridge.  Seeing the long gash is finally not spilling blood, you look back over at Margie.

               “Just do this,” Margaret goes up on her tiptoes and moves your brown hair back from your ear and into your eyes.  “Don’t push it back, leave it down.  We’ll get a lot of question if they see the whole thing.”  With no more explanation, Margie turns around, her hips sashaying to music only in her head.

               You can do this Jonathon, you tell yourself, pulling in a deep breath, letting the air run through your lungs a bit.  Wherever you’re going, you want to look at least decent since Margie seems to care so much about your appearance.

               Running your fingers through your hair, you look away from Margie’s disappearing form.  She opens the door, looking back at you with her eyebrows raised.  “Come on, I don’t have all day!” she calls back, planting her hands on her waist.

               Rolling your eyes in amusement, you slip on a pair of your better tennis shoes and follow her out the door, grabbing the keys in the process.  Locking the door behind you, you catch sight of a kitten on the side of the road, mewing for its mother.

               “Aw, look at the kitty!” you murmur, getting down on your knees for a more eye to eye level with the cat.  The tabby stops its cries, glancing at you with its head tilted with a look more of curiosity than actual acknowledgement that you’re there.

               “You’re pathetic.  Get over here!”  Margie grabs your arm, her grip much stronger than you thought it would be.

               “We can’t just leave him here!  What if he’s a stray?” you put out your hands slowly, allowing the kitten to choose whether to come closer or stay where he is.

               “What if he’s not a stray?  Just leave the kitten, and if he’s here when we get back, we’ll take him in inside, okay?”  Margie pulls you open more forcefully, bringing you to your full height.