Chapter Six: Hospital Antics

Warning: This was started when I was first introduced to this fandom and was an extreme carrot. Major re-writing taking place. This chapter is re-written.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Clara's POV

Beep.... Beep.... Beep.... 

What the hell is that noise? When I tried to sit up I winced at the tugging sensation in my arm. Looking around I squinted against the harsh light and realized I was in a hospital room. 

"Clara you’re up!" the oh so familiar Wolverhampton voice chimed in my ear. 

"Yeah awake with a splitting headache," I said closing my eyes. 

"I'll go get the nurse for some pain killers," a third voice said from across the room. He must have dimmed the lights as well because when I opened my eyes it wasn't as bright as before. 

"Who was that?" I asked looking at the door. 

"That was Louis," Liam said, "He has barely left your side since you got here." 

"How long have I been here?" 

"Two days... Two days Clara. What the hell happened at that party?" he asked sitting beside me. I sat thinking about what had happened but before i could say anything the nurse walked in along with Louis. 

"It’s nice to see you awake Ms. Payne these two haven't stopped fretting since you've been here," the woman said. I glanced at the two boys and they both had turned a faint shade of pink turning their gazes to different spots in the room. The nurse took a needle out of her pocket and connected it to the IV in my arm. 

"There ya are lass that should take care of the pain," she said flashing me a smile before bustling out. 

"Thank you," I said looking at Louis. He glanced over shooting me a smile before going back to staring at the floor. 

"So what happened Clara?" Liam asked again. 

"Liam I didn't even leave the bar. I was with Jace the entire time and you know he wouldn't have done anything like that," I explained. 

"Are you sure?" Louis cut in.

"Jace and I have been friends for almost as long as Liam and I have. I know he would never do anything to hurt me," I said earnestly. He nodded and said,

"Well did anyone come up to?"

I paused and thought back to the girl that came up to wish me and wished me a happy birthday; neither Jace nor I knew who she was.  

"There was one girl who came to wish me a happy birthday... Her name was Ellie... Elizabeth… Ella..." I trailed off not being able to remember her name.

"Eleanor?" Louis offered through clenched teeth. 

"Yeah! Eleanor Calder. She came up to me and asked Jace for a drink and when he went around to the other side of the bar she hugged me and wished me a happy birthday. It’s weird because neither of us knows her," I explained. Liam looked at Louis wide eyed but Louis's gaze didn't leave mine, he slowly stood up and made his way over to me.

"I am so sorry love," he whispered in my ear before pressing a kiss to my cheek and briskly leaving the room. I looked at Liam bewildered but he just shrugged quickly dialing a number and pressing his phone to his ear. I pressed my hand to my cheek, a thousand thoughts rushed through my head but the most prominent one being, what the hell just happened?