Chapter (1)

The Pure Soul Shifter

Chapter (1) New Family

Haha! You freak. Nobody wants you! That's why your parents left you, you stupid loser! Laughter could be heard all around me as I tried to push past all the kids who had formed a circle around me. My small, twelve year old body was being pushed around by all the older kids who thought- NO! Knew that I was defenseless. Living in the orphanage didn't help. They all loved that I was a perfect child. They loved that even though I was so good, I was still left behind. I couldn't help but feel hurt. I would have thought that going through what I had would make them pity me, and they would help me, but no one seemed to care. Their hearts had frosted over long before. "Loser! Loser!" They chanted.

I gasped and snapped myself out of my daze, slowly getting up from my bed and cleaning up a little, sniffling as I thought about what the others thought of me. What the others had called me stung. They had all hated me for some unknown reason. I had come to the orphanage with my older brother, Jason about four years ago. He may have been older, but he got adopted way before anyone even glanced at me. Gone within the first month, just like that, while I had been waiting for years. I was sixteen so that meant I had been waiting for three, almost four years to be even looked at!

But my patience had finally paid off, because I had been noticed. I had been noticed by Lila Wester. She was the one who had noticed the girl with the white blonde hair and sad green eyes. She noticed the girl that wasn't talking to anyone and was bitterly alone. She noticed the girl with a broken heart. I was happy when she had chosen me, ME! Of all people me! Relieved that I could get away from the teasing and the bullying. But mostly, I could get away from the memories.

The memories were the hardest to forget. They made me re-live the worst memories from my thoughts, in my dreams. It would tell me of the lies my parents had fed me, and how they just walked away and left us to fend us for ourselves. How Jason had promised to call me every day, but to my surprise, he only calls once a month if even that. It fed me all the bitter sorrow of having to grow up without a family, with people who hated me. I had never gotten over the loss over my family, after all this time. It would feed me what the others told me. Ugly! Worthless! Stupid! Alone! So as the memories keep coming, I choke on them, on the thought of what they are saying is true. And even though I know, deep, deep down in my heart, what they say isn't true and doesn't matter, I believe them, and it hurts.

I believe that I am alone and will stay that way. I believe I am worthless, otherwise how could they just abandon me? I believe that I am stupid. I am stupid for believing that they were ever real- ever a real family or friend or that they even cared about me. And I am ugly. My heart is black with the hate and sorrow that fills me. I am filled with the horrible bloodline that came from my unforgiven parents and forgetful brother.

Why were they taken away from me? Why were they snatched and taken before I was ready to let go? I started to get tears in my eyes as a girl with greasy, thin red hair walked over to me. Becky. She stalked over, with her gang of girls behind, and pushed me, knocking me into the wall. "Oops," she mocked, as the others pretended to show sympathy as they all laughed. "Hey, bitch, I don't know what you are thinking, moving in with them, but they'll never want to keep you!" I could feel my heart breaking with every word she said, and I could imagine them coming true. I knew they wouldn't want me for long, but couldn't I have any love for the time being even if it wasn't for long? I sniffled, and started to walk away, head down as I tried not to look at all the other people as they all glared at me, when I felt a big, sweaty palm grab my arm, yanking it and pushing me back against the wall. "Where do you think you're going?" she asked sarcastically. "I need to get packed up." I whispered, feeling the tears fill my eyes. "Haha... please. I bet they're going to move you somewhere else, because no one loves you!" she yelled. I felt the tears slide down my cheek as her words hit me hard. I covered my ears and shuddered.