Story

Once Upon A Time, in a land farther than the moon, and higher than the sky, there was a little girl. She loved to play on the beach, with the glistening waves barely reaching her toes. Then one day, she couldn't play on it anymore.

The beach was covered in starfish that had been washed up from a storm the night before. Hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions. All of them baking in the sun, soon to die. And so, with this new challenge ahead, she got to work. She would pick up a starfish with every step and toss it in the ocean, saving it from the heat.

An old man saw the beach, covered in the sea creatures, and the girl picking them up, leaving a trail of sand. She looked tired, as if she had been walking for hours.

"Girl, what are you doing? You look like you've been here for the whole day, yet not even more than a hundredth of the beach has been cleared. There are too many starfish to count, and you won't be able to save them all. You won't make a difference."

The girl did not stare at him, or even acknowledge his presence. She then picked up another starfish, and flung it into the ocean.

"I made a difference for that one."

If you can change a single life, change it. One is just the start of a million, and with every step you take, you're getting closer to seeing the true beauty of the world.