A Secret

A week later, Kamron and Jared sat at a dinner, chattering up a storm and laughing as they ate their food.

"I didn't think you could turn people gay," Kamron said. He blushed as he realized that wasn't something you should say.

"I'm not gay," Jared said, taking a large bite of his salad. For a punk guy, he was a vegetarian.

Kamron was confused; "I don't... understand?" he narrowed his eyes, as if trying to solve a puzzle.

"I'm bisexual. My lisp wasn't the only thing I was made fun of back then," Jared said quietly, as if telling Kamron a deadly secret.

Kamron's eyes widened slightly.

"Really? I would've never guessed!" Kamron whispered loudly, smiling slightly. Jared chuckled, nodding.

"Yeah everyone says that. They also say 'but bisexuality doesn't exist,' " Jared said, frowning. He looked down at his salad; quickly finishing it.

"Well, they can fuck off. Sexuality doesn't make the person, the personality does; and my good man, you have a great one."

This made Jared smile, feeling his chest warm up as this short, pale man tell him he was great brought color to his eyes, which was kind of impossible because he was colorblind. Kamron grabbed his hand, smiling shyly; "Who needs insults when you have reasons to love yourself, am I right?" The two men chuckled, still holding hands.

"You're most definitely right, me." Jared winked, giggling like a fool. "That was smooth," Kamron replied, giggling with.

Jared's chest was bubbling with excitement, his head spinning, and his palms sweaty. How could one man make him feel this way? He had vowed to himself to never date a man, to never become the person he was bullied for being, but here he was, loving this man who had always been there for him, who had spent day after day listening to him talk about the ones he used; Jared wasn't exactly stable, nor was he a good friend, but he was loved either way.

They both paid and left, holding hands while driving away.

Jared's smile made everything feel warm and soft. They entered Kamron's place and laid down on the couch, cuddling and petting each others hair.

"I love you," they both murmured, chuckling before falling asleep holding each other tight.

"Goodnight, my sweet prince."