Chapter Five

Using my speed, running to the forest, I caught a deer and tackled it to the ground, sinking my fangs into its flesh. Drinking it dry, I felt myself calm down.

The animal slowly weakened under me. Wiping the blood on my sleeve, I walked out of the forest. I was satisfied but felt so guilty.

God, what have I done? I scared Averi, almost revealed who I really was and killed a deer.

I sensed her presence going towards the lake. I could feel her fear, her confusion.

I needed to make this right.

Without thinking twice if I was doing the right thing, I ran after her.

Averis POV

​I ran as tears blurred my vision. My breathing became heavy but I kept going. The darkness wasn't helping to my escape but I went where my legs would take me.

His eyes were a dark green and his grip on me was impeccable. What was with him?

"Averi!" Fear grew through me. Ignoring Harry call my name, I ran. only to come to the end before the hill dropped down to the ocean far below. I stopped and turned around to see Harry right there, walking towards me. Each step he took, I took one back.

"Averi-"but before he could say anything, I felt myself screaming and waited when I clashed with the harsh waves.

​The coldwater encased me, making my body cold and numb. Not soon after, I felt a splash close by me then a strong arm wrapping around my waist. A too familiar arm.

I gasped for air as soon as I was lifted out of the water and onto the nearby boarding dock.

I coughed and pulled my shaking legs close to my body. Tears fell from my eyes as Harry pulled Himself up. I backed away from him as far as I could.

"Averi, are you okay?" I looked up into his once again sparkling green eyes. There was blood on his shirt which made the fear grow more in me.

"Averi I'm so sorry, let me explain-"

"Get away from me"I whispered. I winced in pain from where he held me and held my side.

Harry stood up and in one motion, I was picked up bridal style into Harry's arms as he walked off the pier.

"Let me down!"I screamed while trying to get out of his grip. I was scared and didn't want to be around him anymore. He could kill me.

XXxx

​"Averi, please don't cry" Harry said. He carried me to a bench and sat me down. i sat at the far side but he just sat right next to me, and wiped my tears as I tried not to look at him.

"Please, let me explain Averi" he whispered.

After a second, I finally looked up to see those glistening green eyes.

"What are you?"I whispered to him. He looked away and sighed.

"I'm..." He trailed off.

"what?" I asked.

Harry caught my gaze again and I waited for him to reply.

"I'm a vampire"