Mine

*song chosen mainly for the chorus*

Setting: picking up where last chapter left off...

"..." I fall silent as I stare at the bed covers

Aren't most women supposed to be happy when they find this stuff out? Then again, most women have a consenting say in the matter; I didn't. Not that I didn't-possibly-one day want to have kids of my own, just...not like this; not with someone I only know through a file and don't know personally or that I've only had interactions with a few times in what was probably either a month or a week. And if they were planing to inject me with both super soldier serum; then that means that this kid would've been Winter's and Cap's...that would just be too weird. What am I saying?! This whole mess is weird, and unfair! But...they never got Cap's DNA, so...I guess...

"Huh," I sigh

"There's still plenty of time Annie," William says, "you still have a choice."

"..." I stare at him knowing fully well that my eyes went gray

"Have it..." he says quietly, "or..." he trails off...I know where he's going with it though

"..." I stare at him, "what about adoption?"

"Are you crazy?!" He shout out loud, "you can't put a baby with the super soldier serum pulse your mutated DNA running through its veins up for adoption; it could be a catastrophe."

"If our rolls were reversed..." I think, "and you were me and I was you...would you kill the innocent life that didn't ask to be brought into this world?"

"..."he stares at me a moment

"Cause I'd rather die and it have a chance to live rather than selfishly end its existence before it even began..." I think

"Yea, well; neither of you are dying," he says, "that's just your depression talking."

"Well ya; I am a single-mutated freak of a monster-carrying a super soldier assassin's baby," I think, "why wouldn't I be depressed?"

"No. You're not a monster Annie," he snaps

"You are too," I think

"Huh," he sighs heavily, "we're not monsters Annie; we didn't choose this path, it chose us..." he says quietly as if trying to convince himself more than me

"Okay Winter Flames," I think sarcastically

"They aren't us Annie and we aren't them," he snaps

"Mini Cap alert," I think

"Come on Annie; enough," he says, "if you keep getting negative like this you're going to wind up trying to..."

"Who cares?" I think

"..." he gives me a pained expression

"We shouldn't have been born anyways," I think, "we were both just a mistake..."

"Stop it," he says, "stop thinking like this."

"He's got his family Will; he doesn't want us and he's better off without us," I think, "we're just the orphans he never knew existed..."

"That's it," he snaps aloud, "enough of this," he mutters getting up, "stay in this bed and don't even think about doing anything stupid."

"..." I stare after him as he leaves the room, next thing I hear is shouting and Pepper comes into the room

"..." she gives me a nervous look as if worried I'll hurt her too, "hey sweetie..."

"..." I look away to the wall