Three

The next night Jodi sat on Kendra’s bed while she tried on multiple outfits, mixing and matching just about every shirt and skirt with different combinations of shoes and jewelry.  She texts Matt as she mumbles, “I like that one…you look great!  No, it doesn’t make your ass look big, your ass is big.”  Finally, after what seems like hours, Kendra picks a pair of jean booty shorts, a black tank top and lace vest thing.

“Okay,” Kendra says, flipping her long auburn hair over one shoulder.  “You’re turn, I’m thinking a short bubbly skirt and tube top?”

“What no!” Jodi says, jumping off the bed.  What in the actual world was Kendra thinking?  Jodi would never pull off a tube top, let alone paired with a skirt from Kendra’s closet.  Kendra pulls out the pieces she is thinking about and holds them up for Jodi to see.  “Do you know me?”

“Yes!” Kendra said, stomping her foot impatiently.  “That is the point.  I said we are going to have the best senior year in the history of the world and that starts with taking you out of your clothing comfort zone!”

“I wore heels to homecoming, HEELS!” Jodi yelled, throwing her hands up in the air.  Kendra was rolling her eyes are her, fueling her anger at the whole situation.  What was wrong with the outfit she was wearing?  Capri pants with a tan tank top and blue hoodie, simple and very her.  “Isn’t that enough for you.”

“Oh Jodi,” Kendra sighed, handing Jodi the clothes.  “Please just go with it, humor me.  You are the coordinator, but you can’t coordinate an outfit.  I mean look at you, you have a kick ass body but you hide it under this damn hoodie!  Put it on!”

“Fine!” Jodi yelled back, giving in but not going down without a fight.  Kendra turned to the mirror over her dresser and began applying eyeliner and mascara as Jodi changed.  She wasn’t sure why Jodi always insisted on putting up a fight!  In the end she listened anyway and went with whatever Kendra said, it took long enough but she was slowly emerging from her cocoon. 

“Happy?” Jodi asked, putting her hands on her hips.  Kendra turned around and stared down her gorgeous friend.

“Perfect!” She clapped excitedly.  They fought over Jodi’s makeup next, but in the end Jodi won that battle.  The doorbell rang just as she finished applying a thin layer of charcoal brown mascara and the two girls sprinted to the door.

Jodi wrapped her arms around Matt, not wanting to allow him to look at her in the outfit Kendra had out her in.  She was still uncomfortable showing so much of her skin on top of wearing the overly tight top.

“What are you wearing?” Matt asked when he pulled away.  Kendra walked into the back, going over her checklist in her head while Matt took in the new and improved Jodi Tortinelli .

“It’s just an outfit Kendra is making me wear,” Jodi sighed, brushing off the compliment and crossing her arms over her chest as she followed Kendra into the back. 

“Well I like it,” Matt smiled, putting his arms around her waist.  Jodi tried to ignore Kendra’s smirk but found it rather hard.  Instead of calling her out now however, she saved her complaint for later.